• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I imagine it does make up the majority of applications - but no, I applied for Cheltenham. Have you heard anything back? EDIT - realise I'm posting in the wrong thread. I applied to CRS for a direct TC, not VS. Oops! but if by chance you have applied for TC too, lmk : )
  2. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    CRS Cheltenham! fingers crossed for you:) - have you heard anything from CRS yet?? EDIT - realise I'm posting in the wrong thread. I applied to CRS for a direct TC, not VS. Oops! but if by chance you have applied for TC too, lmk : )
  3. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    thank you - the nerves are actually not related to the VI - just the fact that I haven't heard if it's PFO or if I have an invite at all!
  4. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    it seems some applying to Guildford office did on Friday but I don't think anyone else has heard anything - I haven't, anyway
  5. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I'm feeling nervous with people asking for CRS VI tips, but they didn't apply to the same location as me (the ones I saw all said Guildford office), so I suppose no news is... well... not GOOD news, exactly, but at this point in time, probably not BAD news either. CRS is my top firm (joint...
  6. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    have you heard back from CRS then? I've heard nothing yet...what stage are you at?
  7. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    No real update but I applied to Michel.mores in time. Fingers v tightly crossed. Trying to get V.W.V. application in before the deadline but their website / application form is quite antiquated and buggy so it's taking longer than I'd hope... Currently working on: - V.W.V. -...
  8. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Hi! I am currently working a bar job while applying for TCs - I have a lot of experience in hospitality and love it (also helps that it doesn’t look terrible on an application!) I have done two separate weeks of shadowing, one at an MC firm and one with a local high street firm who had a family...
  9. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Keeping this as a sort of diary! I just graduated from a top 10 British uni with a non-law 2:1 this year. No GDL (hoping to find a firm to sponsor me!). This is my first ever attempt at securing a TC. NB any incorrect punctuation in firm names is deliberate so it is harder to track my postings...