2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Thanks so much for this, I'm really grateful for you and it has lifted my spirits. I'll try to bear this in mind, but it's really quite difficult - I think, *especially* when you know you're capable.

I hope to keep persevering, but I'm growing a bit tired of this devastation (I'm sure this will pass by tomorrow) and I this is my final application cycle so it's really all hands on deck.

Congratulations on all your AC success this cycle and I wish you the best with your remaining apps.
Thank you! I know that feeling myself, being rejected by 4 ACs and ghosted after my TI 4 months ago gets you used to that feeling. Thanks for your kind words.

Best of luck with your outstanding apps and congrats on the TC offer you're sitting on!

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Why is this your final application cycle? :(
    Unfortunately (lol) I am already sitting on a TC offer from a high-street firm that is due to start this autumn. As this is my fourth cycle and I'm not a spring chicken, I am no longer able to afford to keep applying and will have to take it up, even though it doesn't match my interests. :(

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Unfortunately (lol) I am already sitting on a TC offer from a high-street firm that is due to start this autumn. As this is my fourth cycle and not a spring chicken, I am no longer able to afford to keep applying and will have to take it up, even though it doesn't match my interests. :(
    Gosh, my bad, you already mentioned that above! Well, well done for even landing a TC! I do hope however that it will be interesting and perhaps better than expected once you start it.

Reactions: N.9

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Gosh, my bad, you already mentioned that above! Well, well done for even landing a TC! I do hope however that it will be interesting and perhaps better than expected once you start it.
    No worries! Thank you very much. I hope so too, and will have to begin seriously recognising that this is the most likely possibility.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Did anyone else apply to K&L Gates for direct TC? I applied recently and got invited to an open day (that I can’t take off work for 🥲) but not sure if that has any bearing on the process? Anyone else in any stages of app with them?

Bea Ildem

Aug 28, 2020
    Unfortunately (lol) I am already sitting on a TC offer from a high-street firm that is due to start this autumn. As this is my fourth cycle and I'm not a spring chicken, I am no longer able to afford to keep applying and will have to take it up, even though it doesn't match my interests. :(
    We're in similar situations here - I'm also a more 'mature' candidate and this is my third round, though don't have any TC offers as of yet.

Honestly though, I have spoken with so many associates at different firms who did TCs at firms that they weren't 100% feeling, got the best out of their training and eventually found a place at a firm they were really passionate about. I suppose if you think of the TC as a stepping stone and really show up when it matters, you will have your pick of NQ roles at firms that are more aligned with your interests.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For those of you who got rejections today, I feel you and am sorry to hear about it. I advise you lot watch Idin (Current CMS trainee solicitor) youtube video about rejections and he even made a document about how to help with mental health and not let rejection affect your mental health. I suggest you lot check it out.

CJCH

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Nov 2, 2020
    Just got rejected from Weightmans and that marks my 6th rejection in two weeks 😫 Anyone heard anything positive from them?
    I'm so sorry to hear about the PFOs from Weightmans...:( best of luck for your other apps!

I actually received an invite to their AC, it's going to be virtual (different from what they said on the website). Anyone has experience with them before?

Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Hi there, apologies if I am being really stupid, but I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I am trying to apply for fieldfishers training contract, I have set up my account, and when I click apply it asks for my personal details which I have filled in, but the only option available is 'save'. I have no idea how to get onto the next stage of the application. Is anyone else having this issue/ know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    Hi there, apologies if I am being really stupid, but I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I am trying to apply for fieldfishers training contract, I have set up my account, and when I click apply it asks for my personal details which I have filled in, but the only option available is 'save'. I have no idea how to get onto the next stage of the application. Is anyone else having this issue/ know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance
    Haven't Fieldfisher filled all their spaces for their TC already? I think someone on here said that a bit ago.

Their FAQ says all their 2022 spots are now full and the only app on their portal is for 2022 so 🤷‍♂️

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Haven't Fieldfisher filled all their spaces for their TC already? I think someone on here said that a bit ago.

Their FAQ says all their 2022 spots are now full and the only app on their portal is for 2022 so 🤷‍♂️
    They posted on their instagram today saying that their applications opened today, and on their careers section of the website they have just posted the link for the application. But that could make sense why I can't get further than the personal details section...

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    I'm so sorry to hear about the PFOs from Weightmans...:( best of luck for your other apps!

I actually received an invite to their AC, it's going to be virtual (different from what they said on the website). Anyone has experience with them before?
    Oh that’s great. Well done 🙂 Do you mind sharing with me how you tackled the application question? I really want to improve and learn where I went wrong.

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    They posted on their instagram today saying that their applications opened today, and on their careers section of the website they have just posted the link for the application. But that could make sense why I can't get further than the personal details section...
    If that's the case they may just not have updated their system yet. Maybe try Monday?

Reactions: rb26

CJCH

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Nov 2, 2020
    Oh that’s great. Well done 🙂 Do you mind sharing with me how you tackled the application question? I really want to improve and learn where I went wrong.
    Sure, I will pm you!

But honestly I think the critical thinking test was awful. Somehow my screen didn't show the timer, and I didn't manage to finish the last 5 questions.

• Love
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Yo
    Sure, I will pm you!

But honestly I think the critical thinking test was awful. Somehow my screen didn't show the timer, and I didn't manage to finish the last 5 questions.
    Thank you so much! That’s so kind of you. It really really sucks getting 6 rejections in such a short span of time. It’s like the universe is telling me “naa sis this aint for you” lol You probably did really well on your application question. I found the test quite hard as well but managed to finish 41/43 questions. Good luck with the AC!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.