Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm trying to get through to BM grad recruitment bc I need extra time on my WG and it's due tomorrow - I've emailed twice and also called but no reply

anyone know what I can do? @Jessica Booker maybe you can help?
A WG test can be extended - it’s not a definitive deadline. Try and call again this afternoon, but it may be the case that the team just get round to this slightly later and reset your WG.

Reactions: cryingoverTCs

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Has anyone heard from Lewis Silkin yet?
email contact last week saying they were shortlisting and that successful candidates should be informed by the 28th...

Thank you for applying to Lewis Silkin for a 2023 training contract. We have begun the process of shortlisting all applications and if you have been successful in being shortlisted, we will be informing you of this by Wednesday 28 April.

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a written case study exercise, a short online video interview and an aptitude test by Wednesday 12 May. Those successful at this stage will be invited to our Assessment Centre on Saturday 19 June.

Due to the tight timescales we are working to, we are unable to change the dates of our assessments above so please bear this in mind with regards to any existing commitments you may have on these dates.

We will be in-touch shortly via Apply4Law to let you know if you have been shortlisted or not so please do check your emails regularly.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I haven’t
Waiting to hear the outcome like ....

Tired Jet Lag GIF

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 6
Nov 9, 2020
Just remember that what matters is not how 'tricky' the questions are but what the firm's view of a successful score is. CC, for instance is notorious for having a bare 50% pass mark for its WG. I also know that when I did my Korn Ferry tests for Simmons & Simmons, they were exceptionally difficult. The verbal was challenging and the logical was super super tough and absolutely flummoxed me. Like, getting-so-lost-you-end-up-guessing difficult. But I still passed their benchmark so they must not have been expecting super high scores. And I've made a point of not applying to firms with online tests this year as I suck at them. So don't worry about the trickiness so much!
CC has a 35 (percentile) pass mark!

• ℹ️
Reactions: John Travoni and Matt_96

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Remember pass marks will be percentiles rather than percentages. The two things are very different - you could be 90% right but be in the 10th percentile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.