2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    So they don't make you do them before you're invited to interview? Interesting. But yes, please let me know!
    Hey so sorry for the delay (currently in the middle of finals!!) but I've just finished the tests!

The verbal reasoning ones were okay - 30 questions in 19 minutes to answer True/False/Cannot say questions

But the MATHS! oh boy

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Matt_96

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    Hey so sorry for the delay (currently in the middle of finals!!) but I've just finished the tests!

The verbal reasoning ones were okay - 30 questions in 19 minutes to answer True/False/Cannot say questions

But the MATHS! oh boy
    The maths was quite a lot of tables and charts which you had to extract information from and calculate answers for! I definitely needed more time tbh

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Matt_96

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018

But the MATHS! oh boy

Thank you so much for letting me know. That sounds really tough but I'm sure you'll smash it! Well done for getting that far!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For those who applied for Orrick what did you lot mention in the covering letter. As the application has separate questions about why Orrick and why commercial law.

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hey y'all. Hope you're good! Have fallen off the TCLA/Application wagon slightly in recent weeks but am back on it.

I submitted my direct TC application to Harbottle via cvmail last Thurs, 22nd April and to Wiggin today.
    Has anyone heard back from these firms? / Am I quite late getting them in or all good as the deadline isn't to the end of May?

Preparing for my other direct TC apps at firms and wondering if there is a resource on here listing which ones are rolling/non-rolling for TC direct apps so I can prioritise. Ones I'm planning on doing are: Macfarlanes, Withers, Farrer & Co, Forsters, Simkins - please do let me know if it's a waste of time for any of these at this stage if I'm too late to the party.

Again, sorry if this has already been covered and sounds repetitive.

Thanks in advance and good luck, all!
    Xx

Last edited:

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hey y'all. Hope you're good! Have fallen off the TCLA/Application wagon slightly in recent weeks but am back on it.

I submitted my direct TC application to Harbottle via cvmail last Thurs, 22nd April and to Wiggin today.
    Has anyone heard back from these firms? / Am I quite late getting them in or all good as the deadline isn't to the end of May?

Preparing for my other direct TC apps at firms and wondering if there is a resource on here listing which ones are rolling/non-rolling for TC direct apps so I can prioritise. Ones I'm planning on doing are: Macfarlanes, Withers, Farrer & Co, Forsters, Simkins - please do let me know if it's a waste of time for any of these at this stage if I'm too late to the party.

Again, sorry if this has already been covered and sounds repetitive.

Thanks in advance and good luck, all!
    Xx
    https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....irms-recruit-on-a-rolling-basis-2020-21.2721/ Hey. I think you're looking for this.

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Anyone know how much weighting Ashurst gives towards those weird cognify/emotify tests? Also, are they conducting interviews currently or do we have to wait until after the June deadline?

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Anyone know how much weighting Ashurst gives towards those weird cognify/emotify tests? Also, are they conducting interviews currently or do we have to wait until after the June deadline?
    In my email acknowledgment from them post submitting application, they stated they were reviewing on a rolling basis for the Direct 2023 TC. However, I think if you applied for the 2024 one it may be reviewed non-rolling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.