2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Has anyone heard anything about direct TC from Michelmores or Penningtons? I haven't had any contact following confirmation of application and I am aware that Pennington are rolling but I applied back in April...

Reactions: Sam7051

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    PFO from Macfarlanes this morning - I know my application was good and I met their criteria. But what's life without a little mystery...

It's been a very disheartening cycle compared to previous ones wherein I have made it to next rounds and final stages many times. This time very rarely have I made it past the first stage. As someone who has applied for some years and attained a training contract offer (albeit from a firm that is definitely not my first choice), I can say without fail that this cycle has been brutal and it's important to remember that amongst all the disappointment.

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 3, 2021
    PFO from Macfarlanes this morning - I know my application was good and I met their criteria. But what's life without a little mystery...

It's been a very disheartening cycle compared to previous ones wherein I have made it to next rounds and final stages many times. This time very rarely have I made it past the first stage. As someone who has applied for some years and attained a training contract offer (albeit from a firm that is definitely not my first choice), I can say without fail that this cycle has been brutal and it's important to remember that amongst all the disappointment.
    Sorry to hear that :( Every year the process is getting more competitive and difficult unfortunately. Do you mind sharing when you applied?

EBS

Standard Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Hi all

Does anyone have any advice on Macfarlanes AC please? I have been invited to an AC on Wednesday 18th Aug and would massively appreciate any advice or previous experiences? Please PM me or respond to this message.

Reactions: djqb

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Did they get back to you with an immediate rejection? Or did they only begin the various application stages (the telephone interview, video interview etc) then?
    Yup so it was an invite to the video interview which is the second stage for the direct TC and actually... I just checked my emails and they sent me the VI invite on the 28th of October so definitely don't expect to hear back for awhile. 😅

• Haha
    Reactions: AW_08

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    Hi all

Does anyone have any advice on Macfarlanes AC please? I have been invited to an AC on Wednesday 18th Aug and would massively appreciate any advice or previous experiences? Please PM me or respond to this message.

I can offer some advice, PM me with questions ☺️

Reactions: EBS
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.