2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I interviewed for the TC 2022 in October. I'm re-applying for the vac but GR haven't got back to me since November when they agreed to give me feedback on my interview so not really sure what their priorities are hahaha probably just really busy :)
Btw, was it a virtual interview? I'm confused as the whole point of the wait was that they were hoping to have ACs in person early 2021...

Mohammadz

Star Member
Premium Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for the Middle East TC with Clifford Chance and I thankfully got invited for an assessment day which will be held on the 10th February.

I still haven’t heard anything from them - I am concerned since I have no clue about what to expect and what I am going to do.

Thanks as ever.

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for the Middle East TC with Clifford Chance and I thankfully got invited for an assessment day which will be held on the 10th February.

I still haven’t heard anything from them - I am concerned since I have no clue about what to expect and what I am going to do.

Thanks as ever.
For my ACs this year I didn’t get any details until a few days before so I wouldn’t worry. This wasn’t for CC though!

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone know when Freshfields make TC offers for the first-round applications? I have an AC with another firm for direct TC at the end of February and am waiting to hear if I have a final interview with FF. I prefer FF (so far) and wouldn't want to pull out of their process but also don't want to reject an offer from a firm to continue with the FF process if they then don't offer me a TC.

packhorse

Esteemed Member
Jan 12, 2021
Does anyone know when Freshfields make TC offers for the first-round applications? I have an AC with another firm for direct TC at the end of February and am waiting to hear if I have a final interview with FF. I prefer FF (so far) and wouldn't want to pull out of their process but also don't want to reject an offer from a firm to continue with the FF process if they then don't offer me a TC.
So have you had a WG sent this cycle for a TC (2023)?

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    I think @Alice G will be able to help here? If I remember from her posts it was about 2 weeks post-wg for an AC invite?
    FF.JPG

This is from their website. They do their VS interviews first.

• Love
    Reactions: Alice G and MzM

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Unless you are getting some form of immediate financial support from the other firm, you could accept and then renege your offer for the first firm if you were then to get an offer from FBD.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: E.A

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Really? I thought this was a big no-no. Thanks

well it isn’t the best thing to do, but plenty of people do it each year 🤷🏻‍♀️

The best thing to do would be to ask for an extension of the offer from the first firm, if they are not offering you until mid September to consider the offer anyway (some firms will do this).

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I think I heard around 2 weeks following the WG that I was being invited to an AC and I then had my AC right at the start of March last year for a direct TC. I heard back with my offer the next day but I know this can vary also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.