2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matpart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
earlier on the thread, someone did say that they spoke to slaughters around the beginning of dec and that their grad rec team was pausing looking at direct tcs until feb so it should be soon-ish
I applied to Slaughter TC in early OCTOBER - scared my application has been forgotten or something haha. Should I email and ask?

• Wow
Reactions: bibss

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi Asil,

The question makes a big reference to personal reasons so I would focus on the reasons the global approach at BMK is important to you. If you'd like to make a reference to the firm's competitors (like W&C), I would keep it very brief and look at it from the angle of considering why Bakers are able to offer something different from their competitors to you as opposed to focusing on a more generic competitive advantage point. Also would like to caution against the language point generally. aving lawyers that speak a wide range of languages isn't exactly unique to global firms anymore.
    Hello Dheepa,

Thank you for this and I see what you mean and I agree with you I have to make it personal to me.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    WG invite for Freshfields! My application was updated last Friday and received the invite today, so don't lose hope; they are still sending out invites!
    Congrats!! And thanks so much for letting us know, I’m in exactly same boat (in terms of updated a while back and didn’t hear anything), good to know I can keep up hope!

TR17

Star Member
    Jul 3, 2020
    Me stress checking my email every two minutes but I can’t help myself 😭

Cat Reaction GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.