Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Me stress checking my email every two minutes but I can’t help myself 😭

Cat Reaction GIF
Hahahah a great representation of me!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    also, does anyone know if orrick does a decent amount of recruiting through direct TC? and what's happening with them - I saw that some people still haven't heard back from last year!

H Chambers

Star Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    also, does anyone know if orrick does a decent amount of recruiting through direct TC? and what's happening with them - I saw that some people still haven't heard back from last year!
    I Applied for Orrick VS in mid-Jan, still waiting to hear back, but when I asked on the Vac Scheme page everyone else seemed to be in the same Boat. When did you apply?

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    I Applied for Orrick VS in mid-Jan, still waiting to hear back, but when I asked on the Vac Scheme page everyone else seemed to be in the same Boat. When did you apply?
    I haven't applied for the VS - I was hoping to apply for the direct TC but not sure if it's worth it :/ I love the firm, but idk if they recruit from direct TC much and idk what's happening with their last year apps

Reactions: H Chambers

Roomba

Feb 4, 2021
    I'm completing my Baker McKenzie ap, it asks which level the GCSE was? This is confusing me, does it correlate to the grade you achieved? The options are foundation, intermediate and higher.

I believe it means the level of paper that you sat. Did you sit the higher tier paper or the foundation tier, the maximum grade you can achieve from each paper is different.

Reactions: northernlawstud

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    I'm completing my Baker McKenzie ap, it asks which level the GCSE was? This is confusing me, does it correlate to the grade you achieved? The options are foundation, intermediate and higher.
    I know when I did GCSEs the papers were different levels, this was 11/12 years ago though (please don’t calculate my age, I’m a bit older than a majority of TC hunters) It doesn’t correlate to the grades you received but does decide what grades you could get. I took higher papers and the grades available were A*-C, if you scored less than C you failed, whereas foundation only went as high as C, even if you scored 100% you couldn’t get higher than a C. I don’t know if it has changed since.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.