2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchunited

Distinguished Member
Feb 3, 2020
i mean benchmarks do fluctuate as firms ask their trainees to sit the test. But honestly anything higher than 30 is good. I did WG for CC this year and I got 30 (passed). Also just asked FF for my WG and the report said I got 50. So it depends
I was in 56 percentile, so not sure how to interpret it

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
I read the email saying we’d hear in two weeks as to say if we were invited to WG we would get an interview if we met or exceeded the benchmark score, indicating that the WG would be the decider. But that could just be my interpretation. I’d be interested to hear what anyone thinks or knows!
My interpretation is the same as yours! I think that’s why I was stressing myself out because I didn’t want to submit a successful application to then be rejected for a poor WG score! I have no idea what their benchmark is though :) good luck

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
My interpretation is the same as yours! I think that’s why I was stressing myself out because I didn’t want to submit a successful application to then be rejected for a poor WG score! I have no idea what their benchmark is though :) good luck
I completely get that, without being arrogant I normally do very well in WG, my lowest score has been 86 percentile, but I'm absolutely terrified that this is the time I have done badly. It is done now so hopefully we wont be waiting too long to find out the results and if we've made it to the next stage. Good luck to you also!

Reactions: Law2022

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
Can someone who passed the WG for Freshfields and got the AC let me know what you scored? I’m not sure my score is high enough...
I know that for CC their benchmark is 35! But for FF I think it’s more abstract, apparently they advise people to get as high of a score as possible ?
I agree, but at the same time, they look at your application alongside the WG score! So even if you have scored lower in the WG test than you wanted to, you may still have a chance if you have a strong application! For instance, I scored 97% on the WG test for Linklaters but was still not invited to an AC as they heavily look at their CAP test results. Essentially what I am trying to say is do not worry too much :)

CareerChanger

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Replying to my Bristows PFO like
    Watching Mohawk Girls GIF by CBC

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Long shot but does anyone have a list of firms who hire a lot through the direct TC route and/or prefer graduates?
    I got an interview with Macs for a direct TC last summer if that helps. Some of the midsized less popular firms (think Kingsley Napley or Marriott Hanson as opposed to Linklaters or A&O) do also.

Reactions: gg332dd

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    Long shot but does anyone have a list of firms who hire a lot through the direct TC route and/or prefer graduates?
    I did vac scheme at Macfarlanes and there were quite a few ppl who had been offered direct tcs even before the scheme started so they could be a strong bet :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: gg332dd
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.