2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg332dd

Valued Member
Apr 2, 2020
Not a long shot, TCLA's got you covered ;)

Amazing thank you!

Zay

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hi I believe it is open to everyone however I previously got to AC stage last year for the Vac Scheme and didn't get it but GR encouraged me to apply again. It seems however that because of this I can only be considered for a direct TC instead. I'm not sure why because the AC is probably very similar so it is a bit strange.
I think this is because Macs' VS AC will be the same as last year so they don't want to give you an unfair advantage over other candidates, but the TC AC is different and supposedly harder because it's for a straight TC. Good luck!

Reactions: syw

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , I applied to Macfarlanes VC a few weeks ago, however GR emailed me saying I was only eligible to apply for their direct TC, not the vac scheme and that I needed to apply down that route to be considered. Would it be okay to literally copy and paste my answers from my VC application to the direct TC application seeing as it wasn't technically 'considered'? Thank you in advance!
I would expect some language to change around the opportunity you are applying to, but apart from that, yes it’s fine to copy and paste.

I would take the opportunity to review your application with a fresh pair of eyes and see if it could be refined though.

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Guys, FF are having an IG live and they literally just said they are still reviewing direct TC applications and we can expect to hear back this month or early March!!! 🤩
Ahh I was listening to that but gave up after a while. Did they say anything else about direct TC - thought they were mainly focusing on the first year spring scheme

Reactions: Vesania

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Ahh I was listening to that but gave up after a while. Did they say anything else about direct TC - thought they were mainly focusing on the first year spring scheme
No, just what they are looking for such as resilience etc.... (I know not very helpful lol)

• Haha
Reactions: MzM

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Guys, FF are having an IG live and they literally just said they are still reviewing direct TC applications and we can expect to hear back this month or early March!!! 🤩
For those concerned about the WG score, they also said this - we don't have a hard cut off mark. If shortlisted, WG is more of an additional data set for them. If you do badly on WG but have a standout app you still have a chance of getting through. We also look at the rare contextual info.

Hope that puts some people at ease :)

CJCH

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Nov 2, 2020
Same here! Was just about to email them. Do you mind sharing their response if they get back to you?
They vet the initial apps before sending out the test invites, so I wouldn't bother them yet. I imagine that, like so many firms this year, they are struggling with the volume. Plus they probably try to get the VSs sorted first - after all, they would want to be using those as a recruitment mechanism. A week is nothing in pandemic recruitment terms, I'd say.

If you want to check on your status you can log into your account and find out if you've missed an email? That might reassure you at least.
Hi Jean, agreeing with Alison C, I think I may wait for a little longer. (no updates on the portal)

Thank you for sharing, it's good to know I am not the only one not receiving any invites 😉

Reactions: Alison C
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.