2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    My toxic trait: checking my FF portal 4 times a day and giving myself a heart attack every time
    Only four times a day?!?!
    200.gif

AR3

Feb 3, 2021
    Has anyone been unsuccessful for a VS, but then re-applied for the firm's direct TC in the same cycle and been successful with that? It would be great to speak to anyone who has :)

HopefulApplicant

Star Member
  • Jan 20, 2021
    Hey, I'm applying for a VS through Apply4Law. One of the sections asks about the details for an LPC that I have taken or intend to take, specificially date and provider. I'm an undergrad so havent done the LPC yet, and I don't know when I would take it (depends on if I get a TC!). Do I fill in the section or just leave it blank?

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 11, 2020
    Links rejection too... 😞 I was tempted not to check the portal because I was convinced that would bring me bad luck, but here we are.

Something I find frustrating with Links' new CAPP-based approach to recruitment and CC's new priority system is that the two firms that literally offer the highest number of training contracts offer the most arbitrary-seeming and lottery-like recruitment experiences. 😭 Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Links rejection too... 😞 I was tempted not to check the portal because I was convinced that would bring me bad luck, but here we are.

Something I find frustrating with Links' new CAPP-based approach to recruitment and CC's new priority system is that the two firms that literally offer the highest number of training contracts offer the most arbitrary-seeming and lottery-like recruitment experiences. 😭 Anyway, onwards and upwards!

It sucks but try to see the positive side. Do you really want to work at a company that by your own words treats you in an 'arbitrary-seeming' and 'lottery-like' way? I think that says a lot about how they would treat you as a trainee in general. Your best bet is to look at this as a dodged bullet (for this cycle at least).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.