2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbie4329

Distinguished Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hey, I'm applying for a VS through Apply4Law. One of the sections asks about the details for an LPC that I have taken or intend to take, specificially date and provider. I'm an undergrad so havent done the LPC yet, and I don't know when I would take it (depends on if I get a TC!). Do I fill in the section or just leave it blank?
Just leave it blank.

Abbie4329

Distinguished Member
Jul 21, 2020
It sucks but try to see the positive side. Do you really want to work at a company that by your own words treats you in an 'arbitrary-seeming' and 'lottery-like' way? I think that says a lot about how they would treat you as a trainee in general. Your best bet is to look at this as a dodged bullet (for this cycle at least).
I think it’s just a glorified personality test, it looks like a fancy Herman’s colours test to me. But I have to say it’s nice to complete an application that’s doesn’t require an essay answer.

JT2023hopeful

Oct 12, 2020
Recently got a TC offer and the firm have asked that I apply for the PGDL at BPP London Waterloo. I saw that on the Central Applications Board the Personal Statement has no asterisk and so appears to be optional.

For anyone who applied for the (P)GDL after having received a TC offer, did you submit a personal statement? And if so, how long was it? I know it is a small ask, but after this application cycle I would love to not have to write another application statement for at least another twelve months...

Last edited:
  • 🏆
Reactions: jan28 and AspiringSol

zigzag84

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Recently got a TC offer and the firm have asked that I apply for the PGDL at BPP London Waterloo. I saw that on the Central Applications Board the Personal Statement has no asterisk and so appears to be optional.

For anyone who applied for the (P)GDL after having received a TC offer, did you submit a personal statement? And if so, how long was it? I know it is a small ask, but after this application cycle I would love to not have to write another application statement for at least another twelve months...
Check with the firm but sometimes if the firm are funding your GDL then you might just be able to write
‘GDL being funded by x firm’ in the personal statement box

JT2023hopeful

Oct 12, 2020
Check with the firm but sometimes if the firm are funding your GDL then you might just be able to write
‘GDL being funded by x firm’ in the personal statement box
That's the answer I was hoping for 😂 The work history also seems to be optional... did anyone bother to add in all their CV details? I'm getting flashbacks to taleo, apply4law, and cv mail

Reactions: Anjeri

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

I would submit something, but you don't need to put much thought into it. Even those without a TC don't have to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.