2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsee

Feb 5, 2021
Just got an invite to complete a written exercise for Bristows -- it's my first one so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me to any good resources (websites/practice exercises/anything else) to familiarise myself with how these things usually work. I REALLY do not want to mess this up.

hhph34

Feb 6, 2021
Hi all, I have a slightly interesting question - I am applying for training contracts at the same firm in two jurisdictions (UK and another country). Some firms do not have a problem with this while other firms say that this is not allowed. Would it be extremely not advisable to apply to firms which don't allow this through two different emails? haha

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
Hi all, I have a slightly interesting question - I am applying for training contracts at the same firm in two jurisdictions (UK and another country). Some firms do not have a problem with this while other firms say that this is not allowed. Would it be extremely not advisable to apply to firms which don't allow this through two different emails? haha
This is something I really wanted to do lolll, applying to London and Hong Kong at the same time.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes!

Chloe L

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Don’t do it! It’s deception and won’t look good on you from an integrity point of view

JT2023hopeful

Oct 12, 2020
Same position, had my PGDL offer at Waterloo confirmed the other day. September 2021, @ me if you'll be in my intake! All I personally said in my personal statement was that I was applying with a TC and that this was where my firm wanted me to go, didn't write a proper statement per se :)
Just got my offer from BPP Waterloo too! And I'll also be in September 2021 cohort, maybe we should set up some kind of group chat closer to the time so we can all cry about how our different subjects have not prepared us for studying law 😂

Reactions: Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Just got my offer from BPP Waterloo too! And I'll also be in September 2021 cohort, maybe we should set up some kind of group chat closer to the time so we can all cry about how our different subjects have not prepared us for studying law 😂
    I'll (touchwood) have a Scots law degree by then and still have to do parts of the poxy GDL 🤦‍♂️

Ed: yes though if you know of others in our cohort then I would be more than happy to arrange a WhatsApp GC :)

Reactions: djqb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.