Not open for further replies.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Urgh just got my rejection email from BM, without opportunity to take a WG. I really don't understand where I went wrong with this one--I have 2 vacation schemes coming up with fairly similar firms, work experience relevant to some of their big practice areas, grades are strong, and I was pleased with my answers. Spent a lot of time on it and did a lot of research into the firm.

Going to have to send my direct TC applications to TCLA first to figure out where I'm going wrong with these. I don't understand what was an automatic "no" with this one.

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
Urgh just got my rejection email from BM, without opportunity to take a WG. I really don't understand where I went wrong with this one--I have 2 vacation schemes coming up with fairly similar firms, work experience relevant to some of their big practice areas, grades are strong, and I was pleased with my answers. Spent a lot of time on it and did a lot of research into the firm.

Going to have to send my direct TC applications to TCLA first to figure out where I'm going wrong with these. I don't understand what was an automatic "no" with this one.
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully your Vacation Schemes end up with a more positive outcome. The face that you've got two upcoming Vac Schemes is such an amazing achievement. Take the time to feel the sting if you need, but don't be discouraged, your TC will come!

I would definitely recommend sending your applications to TCLA if you can. I haven't heard back from BM yet, but @Jessica Booker reviewed my draft and her comments were incredibly insightful. It really has helped me to (hopefully) do better when writing other applications.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully your Vacation Schemes end up with a more positive outcome. The face that you've got two upcoming Vac Schemes is such an amazing achievement. Take the time to feel the sting if you need, but don't be discouraged, your TC will come!

I would definitely recommend sending your applications to TCLA if you can. I haven't heard back from BM yet, but @Jessica Booker reviewed my draft and her comments were incredibly insightful. It really has helped me to (hopefully) do better when writing other applications.
Thanks so much!!! I’m not taking it too bad, I usually have a 5 minute sulk and then bounce back after a quick glass of wine 🍷

I think I’ll have a go at the White & Case app and send that to Jessica. No point being my own critic!

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021

So sorry to hear this. I literally got my rejection too and I'm feeling the same way. Like how do I improve on this now?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Awww thanks 😊- this kind of feedback is great to receive ❤️

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Oh really sorry to hear guys, it's so draining, this application process.! Would you mind sharing when you applied to BM? I am still waiting
    Thanks, it really is! I applied a week before the deadline. Another friend of mine applied just before I did and she is still waiting. I think it's just random at this point

SS1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 5, 2020
    Thanks, it really is! I applied a week before the deadline. Another friend of mine applied just before I did and she is still waiting. I think it's just random at this point
    thank you for sharing - I'll just keep checking my emails then 🤦‍♀️ Best of luck!

Bea Ildem

Aug 28, 2020
    Hi all, has anyone applied to Howard Kennedy? From their website it sounds like they go straight from the written application to the AC, is that correct or are they other stages?

Many thanks,

Marie
    Hi Marie,

When I applied last year for the 2022 TC the process was as follows:

Online app > online test > video interview > written task + AC.

I am applying again this year and expecting a similar process.

Hope this helps,

Bea

Vikash2210

Jan 29, 2021
    Hey everyone

Has anyone applied to Sky's new training contract? Any idea what tests Sky make you do for this, the provider they use is SHL.

Thanks and hope everyone is enjoying the outdoors a bit more!!

Reactions: APP
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.