2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    In one of the tests they show you a bunch of pictures of different people and you have to match their expression to statements. The other is a maths puzzle type game. You can’t really prepare for it. I think it’s called Revalin or something like that.

Interesting, thanks for your input. I'll have to put on Big Shaq and practise some quick maths then!

HF3000

Standard Member
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hello! I'm so sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this, but has anyone taken/currently taking the online GDL? I'm an international student currently trying to decide between U of Law's online GDL or waiting a year to take the MA Law, and I feel like I don't have the necessary experience to decide! Does anyone happen to have advice on which is a more useful programme? Thank you so much in advance!
    May I know why you have to wait for a year to take the MA Law? You can still apply and enrol this September.

Kelly_

Distinguished Member
    Nov 9, 2020
    Oh great! Yes, it is! I was wondering, how long are your answers roughly? There's no indication so I'm a bit nonplussed as to length.
    At the moment the length differs quite a bit per question - for example the answer to the first question is quite long (600) but answers to questions three and four are approx. 350 I think it really depends on the examples that you use and the breath of the question itself. Hope that helps a bit!

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    At the moment the length differs quite a bit per question - for example the answer to the first question is quite long (600) but answers to questions three and four are approx. 350 I think it really depends on the examples that you use and the breath of the question itself. Hope that helps a bit!
    Ah okay, great - thanks very much @Kelly_ I'm trying to keep mine around 300, but maybe I'll splash out a bit (where needed).

Reactions: Kelly_

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Thanks! It's such a long app that I just couldn't really see what else my CV would add h
    Yes I agree, for me it was mostly to explain my university years because I did an LLB and a French Law Licence at the same time and the form wasn't amazing when it came to adding my grades but yes I doubt this will be an issue if you don't add yours!

Reactions: Anon 11031

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi, does anyone has any idea of what to expect for Bakers VI?

Hope this helps!

Hi!

So I think Bakers has a bank of questions that they use. I remember that when I did the VI for the spring vac they were very different questions from the one my friend got when she did hers about a week later. That being said, you can expect to get three competency questions (mine were mostly surrounding teamwork and time management), one commercial question and one "random" question - there was one question along the lines of "tell us something that would help us understand you better."

Hope that helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.