2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hey everyone. Hope you had lovely bank holiday weekends and that you’re getting through this cycle! It’s been tough.

I can see some people have heard back from Harbottle (TC) and this has sent me in to a spin... if you have, when did you apply and when did you get invited to the next stage?

Is it fair to assume it’s a no for me having not heard yet? I am so deflated ☹️

And while I’m here... any updates from wiggin for anyone?

Reactions: John Travoni

TCGIRLLL

Star Member
    Apr 21, 2021
    Mine were credibility, pride and growth mindset and my weakness was teamwork
    Thank you!! My strengths were credibility, pride and critical reasoning and my weakness didn’t have a label it just said “You tend to adopt a realistic approach to what is achievable and are willing to say when you feel that you are not the right person for a task. However, you need to be ready to take on challenges that might stretch you. You will also need to take full responsibility for completing the work you have promised to deliver.”

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    Thank you!! My strengths were credibility, pride and critical reasoning and my weakness didn’t have a label it just said “You tend to adopt a realistic approach to what is achievable and are willing to say when you feel that you are not the right person for a task. However, you need to be ready to take on challenges that might stretch you. You will also need to take full responsibility for completing the work you have promised to deliver.”
    Yours are so similar to mine! My weakness was exactly the same and I had credibility, pride and active collaborator as my strengths. Good luck to you.😀

Reactions: TCGIRLLL

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
    Jun 23, 2019
    Yours are so similar to mine! My weakness was exactly the same and I had credibility, pride and active collaborator as my strengths. Good luck to you.😀

We had exactly the same results expect I had growth mindset as a strength as opposed to credibility. @TCGIRLLL I attended an application workshop with them last month and they say they look at the test/application questions holistically, so I would not worry too much! :)

Reactions: TCGIRLLL

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Should I be worried if I submitted an TC application for 2021 start and the confirmation email says they will get back to me after 31 December 2021? I'm confused as to why they would get back to me so late, I would've thought the TC would have already started by then.

I'm thinking it's a typo and/or they mixed up my application with the 2022/23 TCs.

glaw23

Distinguished Member
  • May 20, 2021
    Should I be worried if I submitted an TC application for 2021 start and the confirmation email says they will get back to me after 31 December 2021? I'm confused as to why they would get back to me so late, I would've thought the TC would have already started by then.

I'm thinking it's a typo and/or they mixed up my application with the 2022/23 TCs.
    Email them just to clear it up! They will get back to you shortly and can rectify any mistake that may have been made :)

• Love
    Reactions: karinny

AT12

Feb 19, 2019
    Got the BCLP TC yesterday! Such a relief and so excited. I know they have another AC in early June for people who have done stuff with the firm, but more ACs will deffo be coming after that!
    Hi Gus! Congrats on getting the BCLP TC - that is amazing! I have my AC soon with BCLP and was wondering if you could provide any insights as to how the day was for you? Thank you!

Reactions: Gus23 and WRM19

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Recently received a TC offer at my top choice firm. I've been a member of this forum for the past couple of years and it never felt like I was going to be on the other side of this process, posting here with an offer in hand. I had previously completed 3 vac schemes but with no offers made - it is so important to just keep going. Thank you to this great community and particularly @Jaysen and of course @Jessica Booker who I have sent about 100 questions over the past couple of years...

Please do send me a message if there is any way I can help at all

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Recently received a TC offer at my top choice firm. I've been a member of this forum for the past couple of years and it never felt like I was going to be on the other side of this process, posting here with an offer in hand. I had previously completed 3 vac schemes but with no offers made - it is so important to just keep going. Thank you to this great community and particularly @Jaysen and of course @Jessica Booker who I have send about 100 questions over the past couple of years...

Ah, I remember your posts well. I'm absolutely delighted for you @tractor12, a fantastic testament to your perseverance over the past years. You did it!

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    Recently received a TC offer at my top choice firm. I've been a member of this forum for the past couple of years and it never felt like I was going to be on the other side of this process, posting here with an offer in hand. I had previously completed 3 vac schemes but with no offers made - it is so important to just keep going. Thank you to this great community and particularly @Jaysen and of course @Jessica Booker who I have send about 100 questions over the past couple of years...

Huge congratulations!

Way To Go Good Job GIF by Justin

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Recently received a TC offer at my top choice firm. I've been a member of this forum for the past couple of years and it never felt like I was going to be on the other side of this process, posting here with an offer in hand. I had previously completed 3 vac schemes but with no offers made - it is so important to just keep going. Thank you to this great community and particularly @Jaysen and of course @Jessica Booker who I have sent about 100 questions over the past couple of years...

Amazing news! Delighted for you and knew it was only a matter of time!

Reactions: tractor12

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    This is a little of topic but does relate to TC apps, I’m currently debating deffering an LPC exam, M&A elective, to sit in august rather than June as I have an urgent neurology referral hospital appointment at the same time. I’d rather have the exam hanging over me than questions about my health. It won’t affect when I finish the course as I’m doing it part time whilst working full time and this is year 1 of 2. If I did this the august exam would be classified as an additional first attempt on my transcript, to show I sat it at a later date than I should have but not as a resit. If I did this would I have to tick the have you had to resit an exam box on a TC app as it is an additional first attempt?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is a little of topic but does relate to TC apps, I’m currently debating deffering an LPC exam, M&A elective, to sit in august rather than June as I have an urgent neurology referral hospital appointment at the same time. I’d rather have the exam hanging over me than questions about my health. It won’t affect when I finish the course as I’m doing it part time whilst working full time and this is year 1 of 2. If I did this the august exam would be classified as an additional first attempt on my transcript, to show I sat it at a later date than I should have but not as a resit. If I did this would I have to tick the have you had to resit an exam box on a TC app as it is an additional first attempt?
    Firms really only care about first sittings a it doesn’t really matter when you do them in this context. It’s not a resit - it’s your first attempt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.