2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

Hey everyone

Just got through to the video interview for Shoosmiths. Wondering if anyone has completed this yet?

Also wondering if this VI is automatic and whether they screened my application because I applied on 30 May.

Anyone got any ideas?
Hey,

I applied on the 30th of May and am yet to hear anything! I don't think it is automatic ☺️. Which office did you apply for?

Vikash2210

Jan 29, 2021
Me too! I applied for the Leeds office. It makes me wonder if they're going through office by office. I haven't seen anyone with a VI invite yet so you must have impressed them! :)

Huge well done, let us know how it goes!
Awesome they might be! Keep me posted on your progress to!

Thanks so much fingers crossed for you too 😁😁😁

hhph34

Feb 6, 2021
Are norton rose fulbright still recruiting for direct TCs applications in this cycle? Can't find the apply link on their website, even though some careers sites state that the deadline is 11 July.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Does anyone know which firms have an intake that is split more evenly across vac scheme and direct TC apps? (As opposed to preferring to recruit from the vac scheme)

This thread will help

A

Anon 11031

@Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I don't know if you will be able to pick this up before tomorrow but I have a telephone interview with Fieldfisher. I'm super nervous and trying to prepare. The interview is 30 mins and covers motivational, competency and commercial questions.

In my prep I've covered:

- why that firm
    - why law
    - why a solicitor
    - strengths/weaknesses
    - what I could bring to the firm
    - their clients and recent work
    - issues/developments affecting their key sectors
    - competencies including teamwork, leadership and negotiation

Is there anything else you think I should prepare for? I want to make sure I've covered all bases!

Thank you! ❤️❤️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I don't know if you will be able to pick this up before tomorrow but I have a telephone interview with Fieldfisher. I'm super nervous and trying to prepare. The interview is 30 mins and covers motivational, competency and commercial questions.

In my prep I've covered:

- why that firm
    - why law
    - why a solicitor
    - strengths/weaknesses
    - what I could bring to the firm
    - their clients and recent work
    - issues/developments affecting their key sectors
    - competencies including teamwork, leadership and negotiation

Is there anything else you think I should prepare for? I want to make sure I've covered all bases!

Thank you! ❤️❤️
    This post may help: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/fieldfisher-interview.149/post-1006

The firm's values are: respect, integrity, responsibility and teamwork and so you may want to think of examples where you have demonstrated those values.

But my key advice would be to go to bed now and get a good nights sleep rather than worrying about it this late at night!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Anon 11031
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.