JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    Shoosmiths says we should hear back by 22nd June. Good luck everyone
    Hunger Games Student GIF

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Well, I have a Fieldfisher interview today and I feel physically sick. If anyone else on this forum has already done one, please let me know ❤️
    I haven't so can't offer lots of advice, but as it's a phone interview you are able to have your notes etc, and even if you are not certain about an answer, speak with confidence, you'll do great!!

• Love
    Reactions: Anon 11031

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Well, I have a Fieldfisher interview today and I feel physically sick. If anyone else on this forum has already done one, please let me know ❤️
    Remember you’ve done your prep and got to this stage - that’s the hardest part. You’ve proven you’re good enough by reaching this stage, now it’s just a case of showing them that. The best way to do that is to be yourself!

• Love
    Reactions: Anon 11031

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Is anyone else with the HK VI working full-time at the moment as well? I’m debating asking for some time off in the morning.

Can’t say this turnaround is the most accommodating to graduates, despite being a 2022 start date
    I am as well and have told my manager I'd take a few hours off this afternoon/tomorrow morning to prep. They understand we are applying for TCs, that's part of the game really

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    Is anyone else with the HK VI working full-time at the moment as well? I’m debating asking for some time off in the morning.

Can’t say this turnaround is the most accommodating to graduates, despite being a 2022 start date
    I think I’m just going to do my prep this evening and get up super early tomorrow tomorrow to get it done - agreed though, it’s not a friendly turnaround at all, let alone for grads working full time

Bea Ildem

Aug 28, 2020
    Hey!
    I did one of these a couple of years ago leading to my vac scheme with FF. As repetitive as it sounds - be yourself. The partner I had my telephone interview with was so pleasant and easy to talk to. It was mostly questions I already had to answer on the application as well. As long as you know why you want to work at FF and what makes you uniquely suited to be an asset for the firm, you will be fine. We mostly talked about the firm and even joked around quite a bit. And if you're nervous, nobody is going to pick on you about it - recruiters and partners all know how gruelling this process is and they are very understanding of it.

A

Anon 11031

I haven't so can't offer lots of advice, but as it's a phone interview you are able to have your notes etc, and even if you are not certain about an answer, speak with confidence, you'll do great!!
    Remember you’ve done your prep and got to this stage - that’s the hardest part. You’ve proven you’re good enough by reaching this stage, now it’s just a case of showing them that. The best way to do that is to be yourself!
    Hey!
    I did one of these a couple of years ago leading to my vac scheme with FF. As repetitive as it sounds - be yourself. The partner I had my telephone interview with was so pleasant and easy to talk to. It was mostly questions I already had to answer on the application as well. As long as you know why you want to work at FF and what makes you uniquely suited to be an asset for the firm, you will be fine. We mostly talked about the firm and even joked around quite a bit. And if you're nervous, nobody is going to pick on you about it - recruiters and partners all know how gruelling this process is and they are very understanding of it.
    Thank you all, I really appreciate it.

I spent a whole day planning and practising. So I really hope I have my answers down. The only thing I'm worried about is them asking me about their recent work/clients. There isn't a great deal of info online so I've only been able to find one press release that relates to my areas of interest!

I'm so happy I have this community to support me - I just wish I wasn't so anxious sometimes!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.