2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

APP

Nov 4, 2020
I didn't know this either, but they are rolling. Are you sending an application as well?

They will be running ACs mid-August and will be making offers straight away.
I'm sure they're not rolling ( we're on about freshfields right?). Went to their grad recruitment day and they said that you can apply when you like, they look at every application.

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    Anyone have any experience or knowledge about applying to Simons Muirhead Burton? Their website is slightly confusing. They aren't taking VS applications this year because of COVID, and it says they take on TC applicants from September-October for two years time - meaning, I should apply in September for a 2023 contract. But I spoke to somebody from the firm who said they open up TC applications in July? Rather confused but would like more info if possible, as they're a firm I'd really like to apply for.

D

Deleted member 2707

Have you guys received a test invite for March 2023 intake. Because I applied for both March 2023 and Training Contract 2023/2024 and I have received the test invite for later one.
    I have! I believe you’re only allowed to do one test per 12 months so that might be why? Perhaps they’re considering you for the latter application rather than March 2023!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi guys, I just wanted to drop a note that I last week I was offered a direct TC, which I still can't quite believe! It was my third year applying and I had previously done two Vac Schemes that I had not converted, so had really lost all hope. Just goes to show you will get there in the end and it's about finding the right place for you - so just keep going! But this forum has been so amazing, even if I don't post loads, it has been so great to have such a supportive and kind group to go through this tough process with. Thank you especially to @Jessica Booker and @Jacob Miller for your generosity in always answering the questions I had! And of course my private messages are always open if anyone needs it - I will still be lurking on here (it's hard-wired into my brain to check the forums now!)
    ENORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS!!! Massive well done, and the shootout is massively appreciated! Enjoy the celebrations.

• Love
    Reactions: YFA

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    On that note, what is PFO? Assume it means rejection but what do the letters stand for 😂
    Haha!

The combination of text speak and people who want to be lawyers who love a good acronym!

It means “Please f**k off”

Means a rejection but people have used this term to almost refer to it in a light hearted way or a quick rejection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.