2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

casesandvases

Standard Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi guys, has anyone heard from Ashurst yet? the deadline was quite a while ago? Also, these only shut recently but just wondering if anyone has any experience as to how long Dorsey&Whitney/AG take to respond. Cheers!

Gloria

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 2, 2019
    Hi guys, has anyone heard from Ashurst yet? the deadline was quite a while ago? Also, these only shut recently but just wondering if anyone has any experience as to how long Dorsey&Whitney/AG take to respond. Cheers!
    Hi

I don't know about Ashurst but D&W is supposed to send a response in early March.

I hope this helps!

Beluga

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 31, 2021
    @Jessica Booker Hi, I was wondering if you had any advice on how far back of an experience we can put on our CVs without it looking too old? I want to include some volunteering experience from 2016 but not sure if the firms will think of it as too long ago. Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi, I was wondering if you had any advice on how far back of an experience we can put on our CVs without it looking too old? I want to include some volunteering experience from 2016 but not sure if the firms will think of it as too long ago. Thanks in advance!
    You should go back as far as you want. My CV still has my employment from 2004!

Just make sure you are keeping your Cv to no more than two pages and that you keep any descriptions super concise.

Last edited:
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: aspiring_solicitor and Holly

notellewoods

Feb 13, 2021
    Hi, I submitted an application for an insight day earlier today, but just realised I didn't put down an answer for 'Do you require permission to work in the UK'. I'm not sure how I didn't spot that when double-checking...

I've just filled out the supplementary information form before the deadline to tell the firm that I don't need permission. Since it's just an insight day and not paid work, would I be fine?

Last edited:

Naomi U

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    Dec 8, 2019
    Hi, I submitted an application for an insight day earlier today, but just realised I didn't put down an answer for 'Do you require permission to work in the UK'. I'm not sure how I didn't spot that when double-checking...

I've just filled out the supplementary information form before the deadline to tell the firm that I don't need permission. Since it's just an insight day and not paid work, would I be fine?
    Hiya!

I can't say for certain but it sounds to me to just be an admin issue so it should hopefully be something that can be sorted out upon correction.

Reactions: notellewoods

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Can’t say whether it will be fine or not in all honesty, but a firm asks these questions to try and understand if they can create a future pipeline of talent into vac schemes and TCs so the question is still important to them, even for an insight programme.

if you have added it to some supplementary information, hopefully that will be sufficient.

Reactions: notellewoods

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi all, slightly random but if anyone has done a K&E Open Day could you please drop me a PM? Thank you! ☺️

AutopsyTurvy

Mar 5, 2021
    Anyone heard anything from Osborne Clarke yet?
    So far I've been accepted for all the insight schemes I've applied for (RPC and Stephenson Harwood) but think it might be Osborne Clarke and Burges Salmon that crush my nascent self-esteem over the next few weeks :D

Reactions: Hugh Jarse

Guilherme Carvalho

Dec 4, 2020
    Anyone heard anything from Osborne Clarke yet?
    So far I've been accepted for all the insight schemes I've applied for (RPC and Stephenson Harwood) but think it might be Osborne Clarke and Burges Salmon that crush my nascent self-esteem over the next few weeks :D

Hey, I was at a legal cheek event a couple of days ago and OC said they would be replying to people near the end of March.

Last edited:
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: Hugh Jarse

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.