AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    Hello, everyone!

After attending one of their events earlier this month and also learning more about the firm through volunteering at my uni's legal clinic, I am very interest in applying for a VS with Clyde & Co.

The thing is, I am in the UK doing my LLM, I did my LLB in my home country. I'm studying at UCL and my modules align closely with some of their areas of expertise (aviation & marine).

I wouldn't need them to sponsor my visa (don't know if that helps me in any way).

Whilst on their website, I saw they say that the eligibility is penultimate year law undergrad or final year non-law undergrad ONLY for 2026 Training Contract Start.

Do they not hire graduates at all?

If not, then what are my options? Would I have to do their Paralegal Academy programme first in order to have a CHANCE of becoming a solicitor with them? If anyone has any advice at all, or any experience with Clyde & Co, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thank you! 💕
    They do not- I had a conversation with some of their trainees about this at an event.

William Zhang

Premium Member
  • Sep 18, 2022
    I think emailing the graduate recruitment team for express confirmation is a good idea. I cannot speak for the firm, but if you go on LinkedIn, you can find some lawyers in Aviation working there who have undertaken their LLB or equivalent in Continental Europe. Hope this helps!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.