AC Case study structure advice.

hibah

Sep 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a question on business case studies. I have one coming up on Monday, and I have looked through the sample guides on TCLA and brushed up on my financial terms etc.
I have a question on the structure. So for the AC, I have to give a 15-minute presentation, followed by a Q&A with Partners. I wondered if you had any advice on structuring my thoughts for the AC.

In a previous AC, I had received a bundle of information with some questions at the bottom- I was asked to give a brief presentation. If asked questions at the end of the bundle, would it make sense to structure my presentation as follows:
1. Summary of the issue at hand.
2. Key issues arising from the information. (PROS/CONS/RECOMMENDATIONS)
3. Addressing each question in turn.
4. Conclusion.

OR

would you use each question as a subheading and go through them in turn? AKA
1. Summary of the issue at hand.
2. Addressing question 1 from the bundle.
3. Addressing question 2 from the bundle etc.
4. Other considerations (AKA my personal evaluations).
5. Conclusion.

Also, I have been looking at some consulting videos on YouTube concerning M&A case studies, just because there aren't that many from law firms. Would this structure be useful for M&A scenarios?

1. Summary of the issue and aim.
2. Analysing the industry market.
3. Analysing the target company.
4. Analysing potential synergies/risks.
5. Recommendations.
6. Conclusion.

or should I forget about analysing the industry (it's likely there won't be any information on the competitors or how well the industry is doing anyway), and continue on focusing on just the target company and its opportunities and risks?

thanks for the help!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.