Addleshaw Goddard & Dickson Minto Interview

Ivyy

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2024
Hey guys, has anyone recently attended the video interview of Addleshaw Goddard, specifically Edinburgh/Glasgow office? I did mine at 6th, but haven't heard anything back. I don't know if that means a rejection (coz I saw someone posted in 2019, and the candidate received the interview invitation on the same day as me, but heard it back on Jan 10th).

And has anyone done Dickson Minto interview online for corporate summer placement before? What kind of questions they tend to ask (they have pointed out it won't be a motivation-competency based interview)? Any advice would be mostly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Lawyer03

Jan 20, 2024
Hey Ivy, I have been invited for an interview with Addleshaw Goddard. May I ask what questions you were asked?
I wouldn't worry about not hearing back yet as the deadline has only recently passed so they are probably waiting to review all of the applications before inviting candidates to the assessment centre.
Good luck!

AFZZ

Jan 21, 2024
I applied for Addleshaw Goddard on 4 Jan and yet to hear back... How long after applying did you hear back if you dont mind me asking? I've also been invited for an interview with Dickson Minto but for the Commercial Property placement. Have you had yours yet?

Ivyy

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2024
Hey Ivy, I have been invited for an interview with Addleshaw Goddard. May I ask what questions you were asked?
I wouldn't worry about not hearing back yet as the deadline has only recently passed so they are probably waiting to review all of the applications before inviting candidates to the assessment centre.
Good luck!
Hi Grace, thanks for the reassurance! May I know when you were invited to interview and which office you applied? (Just wanna see if different offices are synchronised)
As for my own interview questions, it starts from 1) Tell us about yourself; 2) what skills do you think a successful trainee needs to acquire 3)what is commercial awareness and why do you think a successful trainee of AG needs to have commercial awareness; 4) Tell us about a recent business story and its impact to our clients or to the firm; 5) add on sth if you like

Ivyy

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2024
I applied for Addleshaw Goddard on 4 Jan and yet to hear back... How long after applying did you hear back if you dont mind me asking? I've also been invited for an interview with Dickson Minto but for the Commercial Property placement. Have you had yours yet?
Hey there, I'm literally at the same position at you. My interview with Dickson Minto is tmr. Is it possible to ask when yours is? Many thanks!

Lawyer03

Jan 20, 2024
Hey! Has anyone received an invite to assessment centre after the video interview for Addleshaw Goddard (Glasgow/Edinburgh Offices)? I completed my VI nearly two weeks ago. Thanks!

Yeezy777

Standard Member
Feb 15, 2024
Same not heard anything. I did email at the end of January asking when there will be an update and they said they were in the process of reviewing applications and would update in due course.

Reactions: Prabs

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.