Addleshaw Goddard video interview

Maral

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks, Guys, I've not heard back yet. So one can only assume it's a rejection. :(

I wouldn't necessarily think its a rejection until you get an email saying so (though this is my first round of applications so not 100% sure of the process). We've applied for different locations so that may be a factor. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: SJamal

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

What questions were you asked? :)
sorry only just seen this! I can't quite remember if im honest, bit of a blur. It was 5 questions I think and the time for each answer varied a bit but was between 1-2 minutes. There was definitely a question on why them as a firm and why law, but I cant remember the others!

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
sorry only just seen this! I can't quite remember if im honest, bit of a blur. It was 5 questions I think and the time for each answer varied a bit but was between 1-2 minutes. There was definitely a question on why them as a firm and why law, but I cant remember the others!

Great thanks Catherine!

Best of luck for your AC! :)

Reactions: Jay-Lo and JoNo

KT2104

Standard Member
Premium Member
Feb 5, 2019
Hey guys, I had completed the video interview the day before new years, but AG hasn't gotten back to me yet. Would anybody have any insight into how many people are invited to these interviews in the first place so I can gauge how long they take in responding to applicants? I'm quite concerned that I've failed lol.

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys, I had completed the video interview the day before new years, but AG hasn't gotten back to me yet. Would anybody have any insight into how many people are invited to these interviews in the first place so I can gauge how long they take in responding to applicants? I'm quite concerned that I've failed lol.

I only heard back last week, so I think hold out hope for this week! I do know that they are currently running ACs, I'm not sure how many more they will be doing.

Maral

Dec 8, 2018
Which office did you apply to? I had my AC in Manchester on 31st January and received an offer the next day. Everyone who attended the AC in Manchester also heard back around the same time but they have only started holding ACs for London so that may be why. Also, check your portal regularly as my AC invite wasn't sent to my email and I would have missed it if I hadn't checked!

wannabesheridansmith

Distinguished Member
Jan 2, 2024
Not sure if this thread is still active but I would appreciate any advice :)
Not sure if you've completed yours yet, but I just did mine this evening.

It's a nice format for it - importantly whilst they record video, they don't look at it, so I kept my camera covered so I didn't get distracted.

There's 5 questions. The question is first asked in a video by someone at the firm, and then shown written down. You have 30 seconds to read the Q again and prepare an answer before it automatically starts recording. You then pick when to move on to the next question.

Can't say the exact questions and they may vary, but I prepped answers to the general interview Qs and there weren't any surprises in the ones they asked!

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Not sure if you've completed yours yet, but I just did mine this evening.

It's a nice format for it - importantly whilst they record video, they don't look at it, so I kept my camera covered so I didn't get distracted.

There's 5 questions. The question is first asked in a video by someone at the firm, and then shown written down. You have 30 seconds to read the Q again and prepare an answer before it automatically starts recording. You then pick when to move on to the next question.

Can't say the exact questions and they may vary, but I prepped answers to the general interview Qs and there weren't any surprises in the ones they asked!
Thank you :)

Ivyy

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2024
Not sure if it's too late to ask in this thread now. But I've done mine for Edinburgh/Glasgow office on 6th. Haven't heard anything back. Does anyone else apply for the same location and hear anything back?

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Not sure if it's too late to ask in this thread now. But I've done mine for Edinburgh/Glasgow office on 6th. Haven't heard anything back. Does anyone else apply for the same location and hear anything back?
I've done mine for Leeds office on the same day too and haven't heard back yet

Reactions: Ivyy

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.