Allen & Overy

azwana

Standard Member
Dec 8, 2021
I got my invite 22nd Dec and scheduled it for 18 Jan
I got invite on 17 Dec and scheduled my AC for 14 jan if that's of any help
Thank you!!! I applied for the A&O ME vac scheme and still waiting to hear back. Supposedly the virtual AC is this month (Feb) but I still haven't heard back other than my app being eligible for review :( I am preparing in case I do get an invite.

Any tips for the virtual AC? what should I focus my revision on? :) thank u!

aspiringsolicitor98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Thank you!!! I applied for the A&O ME vac scheme and still waiting to hear back. Supposedly the virtual AC is this month (Feb) but I still haven't heard back other than my app being eligible for review :( I am preparing in case I do get an invite.

Any tips for the virtual AC? what should I focus my revision on? :) thank u!
Ahhh fingers crossed! I had a few financial questions so I'd recommend making sure you've brushed up on income statements, valuations etc. I'd also make sure you have an approach for summarising lots of information concisely and presenting it coherently as that was a major part of my case study interview.

azwana

Standard Member
Dec 8, 2021
Ahhh fingers crossed! I had a few financial questions so I'd recommend making sure you've brushed up on income statements, valuations etc. I'd also make sure you have an approach for summarising lots of information concisely and presenting it coherently as that was a major part of my case study interview.
ahh thank you! any financial terms I should be aware of? and is the case study an M&A case study as per previous yrs? Sorry, lots of questions! it's my 5th yr applying for TCs and have never been eligible for anything before but sending the app LOL 😂

aspiringsolicitor98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
ahh thank you! any financial terms I should be aware of? and is the case study an M&A case study as per previous yrs? Sorry, lots of questions! it's my 5th yr applying for TCs and have never been eligible for anything before but sending the app LOL 😂
I don't think any specific terms came up but just ones that appear in financial statements. I can't quite remember the specifics of the case study as it was 2 weeks ago (sorry!). I just remember being so happy I learnt how to read an income statement and that there was a lot of info to get through.

azwana

Standard Member
Dec 8, 2021
I don't think any specific terms came up but just ones that appear in financial statements. I can't quite remember the specifics of the case study as it was 2 weeks ago (sorry!). I just remember being so happy I learnt how to read an income statement and that there was a lot of info to get through.
Thank u so much!!! this is more than helpful! ^_^

• Love
Reactions: aspiringsolicitor98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.