Anxiety for Public Companies Ulaw LPC elective

WorriedSick2

Standard Member
Oct 7, 2022
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who did public companies can help. I'm just having a great deal of anxiety re this exam.

I'm really worried for this exam, particularly as I just had Banking. Everyone found it easy after hearing exam chatter, and though the content of the exam was decent, the timing issues stumped me, in particular I missed a 5 marker.

Public Companies seems more intensive. Any tips for anyone who has completed Public CO recently and passed?

1) Any particular exam tips for Public companies?

2) In particular, did any of you refer to the resource pack itself during the exam? I haven't even opened it, but my friends who completed the exam recently gave me their (updated) legacy notes, and in class, whenever I discuss with tutors or classmates, It tracks. I'm just relying on the textbook(which refers to most of the provisions in the resource pack) and my updated notes I've updated(which refers to the textbook).

This was the way I revised for the core exams, and things worked out okay- but I'm wondering if this approach is viable for electives, since it seems more intensive in some ways.

Thanks

JD

Distinguished Member
May 1, 2020
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who did public companies can help. I'm just having a great deal of anxiety re this exam.

I'm really worried for this exam, particularly as I just had Banking. Everyone found it easy after hearing exam chatter, and though the content of the exam was decent, the timing issues stumped me, in particular I missed a 5 marker.

Public Companies seems more intensive. Any tips for anyone who has completed Public CO recently and passed?

2) In particular, did any of you refer to the resource pack itself during the exam? I haven't even opened it, but my friends who completed the exam recently gave me their (updated) legacy notes, and in class, whenever I discuss with tutors or classmates, It tracks. I'm just relying on the textbook(which refers to most of the provisions in the resource pack) and my updated notes I've updated(which refers to the textbook).

This was the way I revised for the core exams, and things worked out okay- but I'm wondering if this approach is viable for electives, since it seems more intensive in some ways.

Thanks
Did you do the CDR uni of law exam by any chance?

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Hi,

Thanks
    make sure you have really condensed notes of all the topics/provisions and procedures. keep practising the workshop scenarios in timed conditions - it should help you with the timing in the real exam. good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.