Application mistake

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
Commercial Writer
Sep 29, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have recently submitted an application, and reviewing it just now I have noticed that the last word of an answer was cut, even though it is within the word limit (just checked in a word document). Has this ever happened to anyone of you? Would you recommend contacting the recruitment team?

thanks!

Reactions: Ginevra Bizzarri

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have recently submitted an application, and reviewing it just now I have noticed that the last word of an answer was cut, even though it is within the word limit (just checked in a word document). Has this ever happened to anyone of you? Would you recommend contacting the recruitment team?

thanks!

That hasn’t happened to me personally but I always think that there is no harm in contacting HR. I think it will give you piece of mind and perhaps they can do something internally to add the missing word :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi everyone,

thanks!
    Yeah this has happened to me with a couple of apps. I just contacted HR and there was no issue whatsoever, they just made a note their end :)

jsoobs

Nov 2, 2018
    Hi everyone,

thanks!
    This exact problem happened with my app that I submitted in November! I only discovered it about a week after submitting (!) and I emailed HR to let them know as soon as I did. They didn't actually get back to me, but I just received an AC invite from them the other day. I wouldn't be worried - if you've got a strong application a few words will certainly not matter. Best of luck!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and Camilla Gionso

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
    Commercial Writer
    Sep 29, 2018
    This exact problem happened with my app that I submitted in November! I only discovered it about a week after submitting (!) and I emailed HR to let them know as soon as I did. They didn't actually get back to me, but I just received an AC invite from them the other day. I wouldn't be worried - if you've got a strong application a few words will certainly not matter. Best of luck!
    Thanks that's quite reassuring! They still haven't got back to me, hopefully it won't be an issue!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.