Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I will be redeveloping some of the TCLA content regarding applications and recruitment processes.

For this, I’d like to use example sections of applications or CVs to show the good, bad and indifferent. It would be far more efficient for me to utilise small parts of people’s application forms and CVs they have already written rather than me write fake documents. I am therefore wondering if anyone would be happy to submit their old applications to me to use? Please note that I would make things anonymous (eg either redacting information out or changing names) and only sections would be used rather than being able to see a whole application.

For those who do volunteer applications and are selected (I don’t know how many I will get nor their suitability, so it’s difficult for me to know whether I will be able to use them until I see them), I will be offering one of the services completely free:

1) one full application review

Or

2) one mock interview over Zoom

If anyone from the forums has already secured a TC and still wants to get involved, I am happy for you to transfer your “reward” to another TCLA member.

I’ll need both good and bad applications for this to work! So if you still have an application from a while back that you know isn’t particularly good in hindsight, those will be particularly useful for me.

If you are interested, please just reply here and I will come back to you in the next couple of weeks via PM to discuss further.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sam55, Eva and wwood

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Hey Jessica,

I have 10 apps this year that passed the sift this cycle. I'm willing to send them all over to use in whatever way you see fit. There may well be sections you consider poor, so feel free to highlight that too! If used, no 'reward' required. Just ensure someone else gets the benefit of it.

Let me know if I can assist.

mho77

Aug 12, 2020
HI Jessica,

I had a couple 'bad' applications where I was immediately rejected from last cycle. But I also had some better applications which allowed me to get to the interview stage. I was able to secure a few vacation scheme offers last year but wasn't able to convert it into a TC. I'm going through the application cycle again this year but I'm happy to share my applications.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I will be redeveloping some of the TCLA content regarding applications and recruitment processes.

For this, I’d like to use example sections of applications or CVs to show the good, bad and indifferent. It would be far more efficient for me to utilise small parts of people’s application forms and CVs they have already written rather than me write fake documents. I am therefore wondering if anyone would be happy to submit their old applications to me to use? Please note that I would make things anonymous (eg either redacting information out or changing names) and only sections would be used rather than being able to see a whole application.

For those who do volunteer applications and are selected (I don’t know how many I will get nor their suitability, so it’s difficult for me to know whether I will be able to use them until I see them), I will be offering one of the services completely free:

Or

If anyone from the forums has already secured a TC and still wants to get involved, I am happy for you to transfer your “reward” to another TCLA member.

I’ll need both good and bad applications for this to work! So if you still have an application from a while back that you know isn’t particularly good in hindsight, those will be particularly useful for me.

If you are interested, please just reply here and I will come back to you in the next couple of weeks via PM to discuss further.
    Also have a number of successful applications I can send over Jess if it would be helpful for you?

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I am willing to volunteer successful and unsuccessful apps and also my CV if needed. I recently revamped my CV so you can have the previous version and the new version :)

Mo M

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 6, 2020
    Hi Jess

I would be happy to help out!

Just to confirm the selected apps would be the ones that have made it through the app screening and not necessarily resulted in a TC? I have a few of those.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jess

I would be happy to help out!

Just to confirm the selected apps would be the ones that have made it through the app screening and not necessarily resulted in a TC? I have a few of those.

the selected apps would be ones I use in the TCLA content - this could be both successful or unsuccessful applications to law firms, whether for TCs or VS.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019

Or

hello Jessica I have both good and bad apps

iamJW

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 21, 2019
    Hey Jessica, this sounds very useful!

I have plenty of (mostly unsuccessful) applications since I started my law firm application journey 3 years ago!I would be more than happy for you to use them! I can share my CV too, if that is necessary.

Let me know if that would be useful for you, thanks :)

nymi

Distinguished Member
    Nov 21, 2019

Or

Hi Jessica,
    Will be happy to send over my applications from the last cycle and my cv as well

Adam Gilchrist

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
    Highest Rated Member
    May 4, 2020
    Hi Jessica! Very happy to send you a couple of my applications, and also my CV if that is of any usage to you. I obviously don't need the free application review/mock interview, so am very happy for it to be passed onto someone else. Thank you for doing this!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.