Ashurst Application 2019

wwood

Distinguished Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi guys - wondering how you would answer this question:

How is the legal landscape changing and what are the challenges facing Ashurst?

Is it OK to use cybersecurity threats as an answer? Thanks so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys - wondering how you would answer this question:

How is the legal landscape changing and what are the challenges facing Ashurst?

Is it OK to use cybersecurity threats as an answer? Thanks so much!

Personally I would see this as multiple aspects to include rather than focusing on one matter

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it necessary to include the firms address on the cover letter, and should I factor that into my word count?

If a traditional letter uploaded as a PDF/word doc, yes (and word count does count still - it will only be 15-20 words!!)

if it’s just word count put into an online form, then not really necessary

Reactions: wwood

Ella D

Sep 11, 2019
Hi,

I was just wondering how others approached outlining why you are applying to Ashurst in the covering letter, given there is a separate question 'How is Ashurst different to other firms you have applied to?'

Would you suggest briefly explaining why you are applying in the covering letter then going into more depth in the question?

Thanks!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.