Asking for Watson Glaser results?

Y

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 26, 2019
I was wondering whether it's appropriate to ask for Watson Glaser results prior to hearing back about whether you are successful/unsuccessful?
Does anyone know which firms actually provide results/feedback (e.g. does Freshfields)? I'm aware Linklaters does hence the interest..

A4991

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Most firms do not let candidates know how they did, especially if they were not able to make it past the Watson Glaser. Some will, others won't. You can ask and see.

I don't think it's inappropriate to ask prior to being successful or unsuccessful. If they can send you a report they will and if they cannot they won't. It won't affect the status of your application. From memory I know Clifford Chance, Linklaters and Hogan Lovells let you know if you ask.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The score you get ultimately doesn’t mean much.

Say you get the 75th percentile in form A’s test. It doesn’t mean you get a similar score in the next firm - as they are likely to be using different measurements to “benchmark” your score against.

It is why I say there is little rationale in getting your percentile score. All it tells to you is where you got in that particular assessment, it will not give you ANY indication of what you will get in the next.

Reactions: Y and A4991

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.