Assessment centres - weekdays or weekends?

Jimpix

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hello!

Do law firms generally have their assessment centres on weekdays or weekends? And is it possible to do them virtually? I understand that it would be beneficial to attend them in person, but I am based outside the UK and have a job. While I will try to attend them in person, I am unsure of how many assessment centres I could feasibly attend if I had to fly into London for each one of them.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello!

Do law firms generally have their assessment centres on weekdays or weekends? And is it possible to do them virtually? I understand that it would be beneficial to attend them in person, but I am based outside the UK and have a job. While I will try to attend them in person, I am unsure of how many assessment centres I could feasibly attend if I had to fly into London for each one of them.

Thank you in advance. :)
Highly unlikely to be at the weekend as they would struggle to find lawyers/HR staff to work outside of their contracted hours.

Increasingly law firms are running their assessment centres or interviews virtually though, and even with lockdown ending, many firms can see the benefits of offering people virtual assessments now rather than making them come to the office and so many are offering the option of either.

Jimpix

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2022
Highly unlikely to be at the weekend as they would struggle to find lawyers/HR staff to work outside of their contracted hours.

Increasingly law firms are running their assessment centres or interviews virtually though, and even with lockdown ending, many firms can see the benefits of offering people virtual assessments now rather than making them come to the office and so many are offering the option of either.
That's reassuring. Thank you for the answer.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
If anyone did the HSF AC recently and would you be able to share some advice please, I would be very grateful, thank you
Hi @jmosk99,

If you are looking to find out updates about specific applications, the main vacation schemes thread would be a good place to start.

In addition, you could use the search bar at the top right of the screen (if on a laptop) to search for HSF specifically!

I hope that helps :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.