AZ/EU Vaccine Contract

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys, just thought it might be interesting to open up a thread about the AZ/EU contract conflict regarding vaccine production, especially as this has become quite politically charged over the last few days.

I've attached the contract that the EU commission released on Friday. I think it could be really useful for people who haven't seen a commercial contract in practice before to take a read and see if you can find the operative clauses relating to the current spat!

Ps. Someone in the EU accidentally published the contract with the redacted clauses still visible (whoopsie). I had a look at that one as well, nothing redacted is particularly relevant to the current argument. It is possible that such an error could give rise to a claim of breach of contract against the EU for breaching the confidentiality agreement. I doubt AZ would pursue this, as the information revealed is not particularly interesting, and would probably cause more harm than good given the current political crisis!

Attachments

• APA_-_AstraZeneca.pdf.pdf
    1,001 KB · Views: 27

Yoryis

Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys, just thought it might be interesting to open up a thread about the AZ/EU contract conflict regarding vaccine production, especially as this has become quite politically charged over the last few days.

I've attached the contract that the EU commission released on Friday. I think it could be really useful for people who haven't seen a commercial contract in practice before to take a read and see if you can find the operative clauses relating to the current spat!

Ps. Someone in the EU accidentally published the contract with the redacted clauses still visible (whoopsie). I had a look at that one as well, nothing redacted is particularly relevant to the current argument. It is possible that such an error could give rise to a claim of breach of contract against the EU for breaching the confidentiality agreement. I doubt AZ would pursue this, as the information revealed is not particularly interesting, and would probably cause more harm than good given the current political crisis!
Thanks! I also found this post rather interesting: https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/business-law-blog/blog/2021/02/mediating-vaccine-dispute

Reactions: Veep9 and MzM

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.