Baker McKenzie D&I

Leen97

Aug 10, 2020
Hi all, I know Bakers are well known for their D&I and I know the different initiatives (BakersWellbeing, BakersWomen etc..) but I was wondering what kinds of projects they do? As in, as a lawyer there, what kinds of projects can you get hands on involved in in relation to D&I?

If there are any current Bakers trainees who can help me out that would be great but any answers are much appreciated!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    This firm published report helped me hugely when I was applying to them in the last cycle. It is from 2017 though, so if you do manage to find a current trainee to speak to I'd just try to confirm that some of the information is still accurate. Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Jaysen

Inez

Standard Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2020
    Hi, I am applying for a direct TC at Baker McKenzie and one of their questions asks 'We are proud of our inclusive approach and how we have built an environment where people from diverse backgrounds can thrive, and are key to our success as a Firm. Please outline which diversity & inclusion Baker groups you would support, and detail any initiatives you may have previously been involved in. (300 words max)*'

How would you approach the first part of the question? Should I list the initiatives in which I would ger involved and why? The word count seems to be very low to cover both points.

Also, I have noticed many people mention that there is a cover letter on the TC application form but I cannot see one? Does it come up at later stages?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.