bbc graduate solicitor apprenticeship

Lawyer500

Distinguished Member
Jan 24, 2024
Just checked the portal and seen that my application wasn’t progressed. I’m pretty upset since I really had my heart set on it and worked hard on the written assessment. Good luck to anyone else still in the process
It was a lengthy written exercise wasn't it! I think this rejection was one of the toughest ones to accept for me - just got to wait for the email now. Good luck with the rest of your apps!

Reactions: abcdefg1283

venusian

Feb 27, 2024
Received the rejection email. I think it’s a disgrace that there’s no feedback, after so many stages and a lengthy written exercise.
The complete lack of feedback feels like a slap in the face. I was going through a particularly tough week during the written assessment both professionally and personally, but spent every spare minute I had on it since I liked this TC so much. I think a more relaxed word count would have suited us better since condensing it is what took up the majority of my time.

Not sure how we’re supposed to be incentivised to try again if penultimate stage applicants aren’t given basic consideration or feedback.

• Sad
Reactions: abcdefg1283

Lawyer500

Distinguished Member
Jan 24, 2024
Just to let everyone I wrote a polite email asking if they could provide feedback and they did! It was quite detailed as well (which was also a bit humbling haha) - basically all the things I doubted about it were true 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: ms25

ms25

Standard Member
Oct 13, 2023
Just to let everyone I wrote a polite email asking if they could provide feedback and they did! It was quite detailed as well (which was also a bit humbling haha) - basically all the things I doubted about it were true 😭 I actually feel worse after receiving it although I’m grateful for the feedback and know long term it’s great to have so I can work on it!
Yeah they gave me good feedback too after I asked, would definitely recommend sending them an email

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.