BPP LPC help. 3Days?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi Daniel, just wondering whether you have officially "registered" for your LPC course? In "The HUB", under the "Start Here!!" tab, it mentions that for registration, the student enrolment adviser would get in touch and was wondering whether you need to actually register before getting your timetables? Also, have you received your books?

Thank you!
    Hi @R203, yeah I am officially registered and received my books yesterday so I imagine it's just being slow to update but will call on Tuesday to find out so will hopefully know more then

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Hi @R203, yeah I am officially registered and received my books yesterday so I imagine it's just being slow to update but will call on Tuesday to find out so will hopefully know more then
    Could I ask which number do you normally use to contact BPP Holborn? Thank you. Also, did you manage to reach them today and has the calendar been uploaded (as mine unfortunately have not been uploaded)?

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018

R203- from what you write above I think you must be registered. (My reference to an email "you are not registered" above was a typo - my son's email had said "you are NOW registered". I just don't know if everyone receives the same emails. Also you received the welcome to BPP with the student registration number. I don't think anyone receives that number unless they are registered and what you describe above is what my sons did - the submissions, accept place, sending contact details form etc. However call BPP on Monday or complete their online contact form this weekend if you have not had your timetable yet as I think it is worth chasing it up.

On date for delivery of materials as far I can see it was about 24 August or 23rd when my son gave the delivery address for the books and then they arrived on 26 August. His twin brother only just filled out those details yesterday so I am hoping his books arrive by the middle of this coming week. This is a delivery to our house here in outer London. I cannot remember the delivery company's name and I do not think my son who has the materials was given a time of day they would arrive which might be an issue for other people as most people are not around all the time but I expect they leave a card if people are not in in the usual way etc

On what is in the box of materials, in case it helps others this is what is listed on the paper list inside the box which lists 11 items (the list was half way down the box not on the top and we only found it yesterday when taking thing out of the box for the first time):-

Business law and practice Aug 21 (this is hole punched study materials)
    Civil and criminal litigation Aug 21 - these are hole punched study materials
    Property and practice aug 21 - hole punched study materials (I think by mistake my son has been sent 2 copies of this one)
    Then on the list at the end there is a different ISBN and item number from the one above "Prop law and practice Jul 21" but what we actually have received from the outside looks exactly like Property and practice Aug 21 with on july 21 date on it. My son has not opened the plastic cover to check if they are the same or not yet. He does not have the paperback handbook which someone helpfully mentioned above "There are two different property materials. One is a paperback handbook, statutes for the course. The other is a big stack of punched holed papers where the reading chapters are." That is why these threads are so useful. I will try to encourage my son to contact BPP on their contact form asking if he should have a property book rather than 2 copies of the punched property notes.
    Skills aug 21 - (hole punched study materials)

CPR other materials (this is a book dated July 2021 with Part 1 on the front)
    CPR other materials (a different one from above - marked Part 2 and also a book)
    PACE ( spiral bound criminal litigation - but like a book rather than punched pages)
    Criminal litigation (this a book and is also headed on the book "Permitted Materials")
    PCR (this is the Professional Conduct book and is spiral bound)
    PCR standards and reg (this is also spiral bound and on professional conduct but is the standards and regulations book)

When his twins' materials arrive, hopefully this coming week, we will compare the two sets. I am sure that if anyone has any book missing that can easily be sorted out with BPP once you start the course. It is more issues like are you registered and have you got your timetable yet that are probably more important.
    My son is also waiting for the Company Law Handbook textbook from the publishers which is likely to be sent this coming week (although my other son who only just sent the address details yesterday might be lucky if it comes this week I suppose).

(I have not looked at differences between VLE and Hub so cannot help on that. We certainly on the Hub under My Learning saw "you are now enrolled on" and then various LPC modules but not Business (company) law one . it may be that one is simply not up there yet and you can access the 63 pages of pre module reading for that subject anyway. It is also confusing for those who did the PGDL last year that you have to wade through a lot of sections on that My Learning page from last year's GDL before getting to the LPC. but that is not a major issue and indeed it might be helpful to have online access to last year's company law and property law etc on the PGDL.)
    Thank you very much, Jane!

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    One of my sons called BPP around 9am UK time this morning (Tuesday) about a timetable issue and was able to get through - I think he was on hold quite a while but did get through. Yesterday (Monday) was a bank holiday in the UK so if you were trying then that might be why you could not get through.

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    One of my sons called BPP around 9am UK time this morning (Tuesday) about a timetable issue and was able to get through - I think he was on hold quite a while but did get through. Yesterday (Monday) was a bank holiday in the UK so if you were trying then that might be why you could not get through.
    Thanks very much Jane. I was just looking at the "Full Time Induction September 2021" section of The Hub and it seems like a pdf of groups for different SRN has been uploaded. I was wondering whether you have also seen this pdf that was recently uploaded? It is found in the "my learning" tile.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Could I ask which number do you normally use to contact BPP Holborn? Thank you. Also, did you manage to reach them today and has the calendar been uploaded (as mine unfortunately have not been uploaded)?
    I did manage to reach them today as my calendar still hasn't been uploaded and was told that all timetables will be uploaded by Friday at the latest as the scheduling team has understandably been very busy getting all of the students sorted.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Thanks very much Jane. I was just looking at the "Full Time Induction September 2021" section of The Hub and it seems like a pdf of groups for different SRN has been uploaded. I was wondering whether you have also seen this pdf that was recently uploaded? It is found in the "my learning" tile.
    For some reason the one I can see is for the Bristol campus which I am not a part of since I'm at Holborn so that's a little bit confusing...

• Wow
    Reactions: R203

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Same here!

I also can't see the BLP module, although I can see all the other modules on the hub - does anyone else have this problem?
    Yep I've also got that issue re the BLP module and also have the accelerated course exam timetable - good to know we're not the only ones haha

WRM19

M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 11, 2020
    Same here!

I also can't see the BLP module, although I can see all the other modules on the hub - does anyone else have this problem?
    I had this problem too! I was previously logging into VLE with my email address, and the same for the timetable. I then tried my SRN number to log in and then it actually worked! Has the induction timetable and rest of SGSs’ - recommend trying the alternative login if not already tried!

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    I had this problem too! I was previously logging into VLE with my email address, and the same for the timetable. I then tried my SRN number to log in and then it actually worked! Has the induction timetable and rest of SGSs’ - recommend trying the alternative login if not already tried!
    Thanks so much for this! I was just wondering in the VLE, where do you click to access the calendar? Thank you!

WRM19

M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 11, 2020
    Thanks so much for this! I was just wondering in the VLE, where do you click to access the calendar? Thank you!
    Hey, on the VLE home page it’s like one of the top drop down options in purple labelled Timetable - it’s then another login, I used my SRN number to login and then it worked! My email strangely didn’t, hope it works for you 😅

SS1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 5, 2020
    I just spoke to BPP and apparently they/ve had issues but all time tables should be available within 24 to 48 hours - Not great I guess when it comes to planning before Monday but that's what they said :confused:

Reactions: Jaysen

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    The above is really helpful - thank you.
    We did a google search for "BPP virtual learning environment" for one of my sons. Then logged in using his student registration number and his usual BPP password - I think he had to enter it twice and then found his timetable. I presume it is identical to the timetable he found on Friday. He has two things on Monday morning 6 Sept - Welcome lecture and Support services lecture - I presume those are online for everyone. Also later in the week a welcome l sessione for his specific group which says "Holborn" so that will be attended in person.

Separate point - that son thought on Friday he had been allocated 3 mornings a week (he requested 2 long days a week originally on the survey) but although week 2, the first normal week is indeed that - 3 mornings , weeks 3 and 4 and after are 4 mornings on the VLE timetable. So do check later weeks. I think he just checked weeks 1 and 2 when he told me he was 3 days a week.

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020

Very different topic but just saw this for University of Law which seems incredibly mean to require people who had been told exams would be online to move to face to face 2 weeks before the exam - this is from Reddit and people are complaining to UoL so perhaps the decision will be reversed. For the forthcoming BPP LPC my sons recently chose their exam preference (online proctored rather than in person) which I assume will be respected (not least because it is cheaper for providers not to have to hire exam halls), but we need to watch out for this kind of change as it affects how you prepare from day one in some ways. The post was 5 days ago on Reddit:

"LPC online exams switched to face to face 2 weeks before exam?!

renderTimingPixel.png

Does anyone have any tips for the face to face exams for the LPC?
    I'm at Ulaw and they just emailed us saying our September exams have been changed to face to face rather than being online proctored.
    All our mocks have been online and we've been practicing using our notes on word so everyone is freaking out about the abrupt change in structure.
    Does anyone know if BPP are still doing online exams?"

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.