Change Interview Date

verybadvitamins

Standard Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I recently received an interview to a firm for a summer VS. Unfortunately, the interview period is right in the middle of my exam week in early Jan. I attended an open day at the firm, and they mentioned that they were pretty flexible in changing the dates and providing a later interview in late Jan/early Feb if need be, all you had to do was email them to make the request. I would definitely prefer to have a later interview, however, I am unsure if I should email and ask to change because I am worried it will be a bad look on my part as exams are not really extenuating circumstances. I am absolutely prepared to do the interview in my exam week during the times they have provided, but just wanted to ask you all if anyone has been in a similar situation before?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I recently received an interview to a firm for a summer VS. Unfortunately, the interview period is right in the middle of my exam week in early Jan. I attended an open day at the firm, and they mentioned that they were pretty flexible in changing the dates and providing a later interview in late Jan/early Feb if need be, all you had to do was email them to make the request. I would definitely prefer to have a later interview, however, I am unsure if I should email and ask to change because I am worried it will be a bad look on my part as exams are not really extenuating circumstances. I am absolutely prepared to do the interview in my exam week during the times they have provided, but just wanted to ask you all if anyone has been in a similar situation before?
    This is not an issue at all - definitely ask. Exams are probably one of the most legislate excuses to ask for a different date.

Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.