Clifford Chance interview

Lauren

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 16, 2018
Hi Lauren, future CC trainee here. I would think for a question like this, it's more focused on the former, as it comes across as a commercial awareness question. You're going along the right lines with digital signatures and greater use of technology. Though, I would note that both those points fall under the same umbrella category of tech, so make sure you have at least 2/3 points under varying categories. This could be in terms of client service itself and CC emphasising its use of Relationship Managers during the pandemic, for instance. As a by the by, Relationship Managers are Partners who take care of CC's relationship with a client company. Hope this helps! :)
I am struggling to think of a third point, would something like an emphasis on CC's own ESG policies to draw in clients work?

Habiba

Standard Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 40
  • Jan 2, 2020
    I am struggling to think of a third point, would something like an emphasis on CC's own ESG policies to draw in clients work?
    It can be a tough one, good job on thinking up two already, bravo! So with the ESG policies, how would you be arguing that? Perhaps if you flesh it out, I'll get a better understanding. Which policies are these which have been changed/introduced that will appeal to a potential client? In what way are they appealing? I would try being as business focused as possible for a question like this.

With the use of technology that you mentioned previously too, you can always argue points in different ways. For instance, you could bring in virtual communication and tie it in with Real Estate. RE work has dried up during the pandemic because it's much harder to arrange viewings of properties in person etc. CC has had to resort to greater use of virtual communication (amongst other solutions) to help with this issue - so something along the lines of this could work too.

Good luck with the rest of your prep and please do reach out if there's anything I can help with.

(Please excuse any spelling errors, I'm typing on my phone and a little sleep deprived :) )

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.