Clifford Chance TC

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
Thing is, a lot of rejections came around on the 18th and 14th. Don't know what to expect anymore. It may be because I applied for the Middle East TC, but the applications are considered simultaneously I believe. Anyways, I feel as though we may hear from them either within the few coming days, or after the Christmas holiday. Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Ohh maybe we applied for the Middle East Tc aswell. My friend hasn’t heard back either - but what you said was right though!

Lauren

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 16, 2018
I have been invited to an AC with Clifford Chance. I work for the firm so was classed as a priority candidate.

This is my second time interviewing there so I am very keen not to make the same mistakes as last time and to get as much insight as I can into the best way to prepare for the 75 minute commercial interview.

Should I brush up on big recent news stories? Key terminology? Mergers and acquisitions?

Also what is the best way to tackle a case study? This is something I have struggled with at previous assessment centres at other firms.

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: Moe, Jaysen, Eva and 4 others

Lauren

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 16, 2018
I have been invited to an AC with Clifford Chance. I work for the firm so was classed as a priority candidate.

This is my second time interviewing there so I am very keen not to make the same mistakes as last time and to get as much insight as I can into the best way to prepare for the 75 minute commercial interview.

Should I brush up on big recent news stories? Key terminology? Mergers and acquisitions?

Also what is the best way to tackle a case study? This is something I have struggled with at previous assessment centres at other firms.

Just to add the interview is for a training contract

Reactions: Moe

HCY

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019

Have the firm mentioned what the 75 minute interview includes?

Lauren

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 16, 2018
Have the firm mentioned what the 75 minute interview includes?

No they've just said a 75 minute commercial interview with partner and senior associate. They mentioned also a timed written exercise which I assume the commercial interview is based on

I don't think they have a stand alone competency interview as part of the online assessment day, unless competency questions form part of the commercial interview?

Reactions: Moe

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    No they've just said a 75 minute commercial interview with partner and senior associate. They mentioned also a timed written exercise which I assume the commercial interview is based on

I don't think they have a stand alone competency interview as part of the online assessment day, unless competency questions form part of the commercial interview?
    If you find any information on this and the interview process as a whole, please mind sharing with us?

Thank you :)

Reactions: FL0011

ibs97

Legendary Member
    Jan 20, 2020
    Thing is, a lot of rejections came around on the 18th and 14th. Don't know what to expect anymore. It may be because I applied for the Middle East TC, but the applications are considered simultaneously I believe. Anyways, I feel as though we may hear from them either within the few coming days, or after the Christmas holiday. Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

heard back with a rejection for the middle east TC today.

howardbagshaw

Dec 24, 2020
    Hi everyone, I've been sent an email saying, "We are emailing to let you know that your application has been put on the reserve list to interview, however this does not guarantee a place at an assessment day."

How common is this and what are my chances of getting an AC?

• ℹ️
    Reactions: cymrawd

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    In regards to the newest format of interviewing and assessing a candidate within the AC, has there been any source of guidance or any person with experience who can help us prepare? @Jaysen (cheeky tag but seriously do not know who else to tag :D).

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    In regards to the newest format of interviewing and assessing a candidate within the AC, has there been any source of guidance or any person with experience who can help us prepare? @Jaysen (cheeky tag but seriously do not know who else to tag :D).

I'm afraid I'm only familiar with CC assessments in previous years (one on M&A, another on restructuring/insolvency). Will keep an eye out!

Reactions: azwana and Moe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.