Clifford Chance TC

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Hi guys, I was a non-priority and applied right on the deadline (10th December). If it helps anyone, I received the virtual interview invite on Friday (and the WG test passing notif the day before).

Good to hear that they are progressing non-priority candidates! I similarly applied closer to the deadline (7th of December). Congratulations on the interview! I'm sure you'll smash it!

• 🤝
    Reactions: DesiTC

DesiTC

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2020
    Good to hear that they are progressing non-priority candidates! I similarly applied closer to the deadline (7th of December). Congratulations on the interview! I'm sure you'll smash it!
    Haha thanks man, let's see how it goes. I am not too stressed about this though ngl, whatever the outcome is I should be fine. Btw, may I know what actually is an AC (like everyone referring this acronym)? Also what's the odd of getting a TC from attending the Virtual Assessment? Like how many people get the chance to attend the Virtual Assessment, is it in thousands?

Reactions: JoNo

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Haha thanks man, let's see how it goes. I am not too stressed about this though ngl, whatever the outcome is I should be fine. Btw, may I know what actually is an AC (like everyone referring this acronym)? Also what's the odd of getting a TC from attending the Virtual Assessment? Like how many people get the chance to attend the Virtual Assessment, is it in thousands?
    AC stands for assessment centre :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: DesiTC

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Hi guys, I was a non-priority and applied right on the deadline (10th December). If it helps anyone, I received the virtual interview invite on Friday (and the WG test passing notif the day before).

Ayyyy well done! Doing TCLA proud! I had the AC last year so let me know if you need any advice :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: JT2023hopeful and DesiTC

DesiTC

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2020
    Ayyyy well done! Doing TCLA proud! I had the AC last year so let me know if you need any advice :)
    Thank you so much, that would be so helpful! I booked a slot at 10th of Feb for the AC. May I know (for the sake of being proactive haha), what can I do to prep for the commercial interview except from doing the Virtual Internships. Also, do we have to do any group presentation? As per the AC invite email, the assessment day will follow the structure outlined below:
    • Candidate Briefing with Graduate Recruitment where you will receive further instructions on what to expect on the day
    • Individual timed written exercise (Is there any place where can practice these case studies)
    • One 75 minute interview with a Partner and Senior Associate (What should I expect here apart from Commercial awareness)

Reactions: sabma

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Yeah I am also waiting to hear back (non - priority) Final year law students. I am so confused.. have they forgotten about us??

Thing is, a lot of rejections came around on the 18th and 14th. Don't know what to expect anymore. It may be because I applied for the Middle East TC, but the applications are considered simultaneously I believe. Anyways, I feel as though we may hear from them either within the few coming days, or after the Christmas holiday. Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.