Clyde & Co Vacation Scheme Application

f.2000

Standard Member
  • Oct 12, 2020
    Hey guys, I'm struggling with one of the Clyde & Co vac scheme application questions:

Write about a story in the business press that has interested you and how it is relevant to the Firm. (250 words max)

For this, are they expecting us to write about a recent deal/project that Clyde and Co has worked on, or can you talk about any business story that has interested you and then relate it back to how the firm would be involved if they were the ones working on it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey guys, I'm struggling with one of the Clyde & Co vac scheme application questions:

Write about a story in the business press that has interested you and how it is relevant to the Firm. (250 words max)

For this, are they expecting us to write about a recent deal/project that Clyde and Co has worked on, or can you talk about any business story that has interested you and then relate it back to how the firm would be involved if they were the ones working on it?

it doesn’t have to be a deal/matter the firm has worked on, and describing what they did is not what they are looking for either.

They want to see your personal interests and commercial awareness/analysis.

Reactions: f.2000

f.2000

Standard Member
  • Oct 12, 2020
    How can I relate a random commercial topic back to the firm without the answer being too disjointed? I was thinking about maybe talking about the departments in the firm that would be involved in the topic - is that along the right lines?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How can I relate a random commercial topic back to the firm without the answer being too disjointed? I was thinking about maybe talking about the departments in the firm that would be involved in the topic - is that along the right lines?

will the subject impact their clients?
    Will the subject impact them?

If either or both of those, that’s your link in without it being disjointed

Reactions: f.2000

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.