DLA Piper Vacation Scheme Assessment for Training Contract?

lawstudent321

Standard Member
May 6, 2022
Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether anyone knows how DLA assess you to convert a vacation scheme to a TC? I thought that it might have been an interview at the end of the scheme, but I can't seem to find anything online!

Hi! Apologies for the late response. I did the DLA VS last year and got a TC offer at the end. Although they don't tell you this directly, they assess you throughout the scheme e.g. how well you integrate, work ethic, etc. They actually also want to know if you are enjoying yourself too! We were also set 2 mini assessments across the 2 weeks which were used. Drop me a message if you want to talk about it more :)

Reactions: student101

student101

Standard Member
Dec 27, 2019
Hi! Apologies for the late response. I did the DLA VS last year and got a TC offer at the end. Although they don't tell you this directly, they assess you throughout the scheme e.g. how well you integrate, work ethic, etc. They actually also want to know if you are enjoying yourself too! We were also set 2 mini assessments across the 2 weeks which were used. Drop me a message if you want to talk about it more :)
Hey! Thanks so much for the response - that's really helpful :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.