Do many firms take direct TC applications?

PC99

Nov 1, 2023
Hi,

I am a PhD student on a joint programme where I do 3years in the UK and 2 in the US. I am currently in my third year and have recently become interested in IP law and am looking for firms that are strong in IP, particularly life sciences (think Bird and Bird, Bristows etc). But I'm finding it hard to find firms that take direct TC applications as I move to the US before next summer and will not be in the UK in my final year as a lot of the VacScheme are targeted towards final year students. What do you recommend I do? Does anyone have any advice?

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
In most cases direct TCs are also aimed at graduates and career changers. A few firm may target only final or penultimate year students but in most cases direct TCs are for everyone (including postgraduates and career changes). Better to check the eligibility with each firm

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.