Dress Code -law fair toda

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
hey guys,

I know realistically everyone should wear a suit for these law fairs, but i wanted to ask do people turn up in i dont know other clothes other than a suit? If so, will the LSE admin team let them in - because they do say please if you are not smart we will turn you away? So is the suit only way of showing smart clothing

Reactions: Hassan and Tom_1

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    hey guys,

I know realistically everyone should wear a suit for these law fairs, but i wanted to ask do people turn up in i dont know other clothes other than a suit? If so, will the LSE admin team let them in - because they do say please if you are not smart we will turn you away? So is the suit only way of showing smart clothing

I would say a suit is the safe bet to be honest - you can't go wrong with one!

Reactions: Tom_1 and P. Dybala

Lat94

Jun 23, 2018
    Just a follow-up question from this - If you are going to meet a legal professional (lets say a junior Associate, or Trainee) for a coffee, would it still be advisable to go in a suit or can you wear smart casual clothes?

Thanks

Reactions: Hassan and Tom_1

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just a follow-up question from this - If you are going to meet a legal professional (lets say a junior Associate, or Trainee) for a coffee, would it still be advisable to go in a suit or can you wear smart casual clothes?

Thanks

I'd avoid a suit, it's far too formal. Smart casual works well (e.g. chinos/jeans and a shirt).

Reactions: Lat94

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.