Firm updates following submission of applications

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi All,

Due to popular request we have decided to create a separate thread relating to firm updates following submissions of vac scheme/TC applications this cycle. We hope this thread will make it easier for everyone to keep track of which firms are responding and when. Please feel free to post your application update (whether good or bad) here.

Also, check out @yanerlim's (https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....-back-from-firms-ac-interview-tips-share.709/) post re interview tips and uplifting videos.

Remember:

upload_2018-10-26_23-19-55.jpeg

Finally, please keep us all updated with your applications, I love reading success stories ( it really motivates me and I am sure others aswell) :)

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
So far these are the firms I heard back (All rejection, so if you haven't heard back from these firms it may be good news???)
Jones Day
Linklaters (Failed Test)
Hogan Lovells
Herbert Smith Freehills
Allen and Overy
Simmons and Simmons

Thank you for the new thread @Selma95, the above quote was from an old thread and this was the firms I have heard back from.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Thanks @Selma95. Yes if you can post here when you hear back from firms it'll be very useful for everyone else waiting to hear back. We should also get an insight into how firms are responding to students.

Reactions: Salma

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Herbert Smith Freehills - applied for winter vac scheme on 13th October - waited for test result for about a week and a half - invited to AC on 29th October
    Jones Day (Winter/Summer vac scheme) - applied 23rd October (haven't heard back yet)
    Simmons & Simmons (Summer) - applied 25th October - completed SJT on 30th October - waiting to hear back. How long did it take everyone else to get their result?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jaysen

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Herbert Smith Freehills - applied for winter vac scheme on 13th October - invited to AC on 29th October
    Jones Day (Winter/Summer vac scheme) - applied 23rd October (haven't heard back yet)
    Simmons & Simmons (Summer) - applied 25th October - completed SJT on 30th October - waiting to hear back. How long did it take everyone else to get their result?

Congrats Hazal and good luck with HSF.

I heard back from Simmons SJT after one week

Reactions: Hazal

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Congratulations! Do you have any tips for Simmons app? Did you mention why Simmons at all in their one question?
    I think it's a question to highlight yourself so I interpreted that last bit as: " is there anything else you can sell about yourself to us, that you want to include". It's quite small word count so I also don't think it could hurt but maybe, just maybe, it's not entirely what they're looking for :)

Reactions: Bugsy Malone and Salma

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Heard back from Macfarlanes today (2/11/18) for a summer vacation scheme and I have been invited to an AC in early January. I applied on 19/10/18 so they were pretty quick getting back to me. Haven't heard back from any of the other firms (that use rolling recruitment) I have applied to just yet.

Reactions: Salma and AJ

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Just got rejected by Linklaters after passing their Watson Glaser Test (found out I passed the test yesterday). Applied on the Monday 22nd October so they've got back to me fairly quickly despite not operating rolling recruitment which I thought was interesting.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.