Forage&Open days as work experience?

BuddingLawyer

Distinguished Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi
In applications which doesn't ask for CV (which has my open days and forage virtual internships) , how do I show them in the application? Is it ok to put those under work experience boxes ? If so, should all of them be clubbed together under one or should they be separate ?
Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I personally wouldn’t put open days or Forage programmes in work experience. I think they are better suited to other sections of an application form. However, if you feel there is no place to detail them, then include them in your work experience section, but maybe put them as a collective entry rather than individual entries.

BuddingLawyer

Distinguished Member
Jul 10, 2023
I personally wouldn’t put open days or Forage programmes in work experience. I think they are better suited to other sections of an application form. However, if you feel there is no place to detail them, then include them in your work experience section, but maybe put them as a collective entry rather than individual entries.
Thank you Jessica. Some applications (such as A&O VS) have descriptive boxes ONLY for work experiences. There is NO space for extra-curriculars (sports, music, debate, travel etc) OR positions of responsibility (school captain, law society secretary etc), or CV or cover letter attachments. There are no questions to answer either. How should we handle this ? Should we assume they dont want to see those ? Or are we expected to somehow package those (extra-curricular or positions of resp) under Work section? My worry in leaving those out is that my real self won;t shine through. On the other hand, I dont want to put something they don't want to see. Your guidance will be very helpful.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you Jessica. Some applications (such as A&O VS) have descriptive boxes ONLY for work experiences. There is NO space for extra-curriculars (sports, music, debate, travel etc) OR positions of responsibility (school captain, law society secretary etc), or CV or cover letter attachments. There are no questions to answer either. How should we handle this ? Should we assume they dont want to see those ? Or are we expected to somehow package those (extra-curricular or positions of resp) under Work section? My worry in leaving those out is that my real self won;t shine through. On the other hand, I dont want to put something they don't want to see. Your guidance will be very helpful.
I definitely wouldn’t put extra curriculars in work experience, but it might be worthwhile checking with the firm as to what they personally advise. It maybe that they don’t care for extracurriculars in the selection process though.

Reactions: BuddingLawyer

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.