Gap between LPC and TC

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

I'm currently completing the final months of my LPC (final exam being June 7!) and I'm starting to think about what I want to do after my TC. My TC is currently starting in 2024, but I want to plan in case my TC gets moved forward to 2023.

If this happens, then I will start my TC in late August 2023. That would leave roughly 2.5 months of free time between the end of my LPC and the start of my TC. During that time, I want to continue living in London and work during that time. I will be getting my last maintenance instalment from my firm before then, but I don't want to rely on this alone.

As such, is it possible to secure short-term paralegal work or something of that nature? How/when should I start looking for this? If not, then how do people normally spend that free time between the LPC and their TC start date?

Any advice appreciated :)

HopefulFutureTrainee

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 23, 2022
    I have the exact same gap as you - finish LPC start of June and TC starts in August 2023. I plan to travel during those two months, and do stuff that I normally wouldn't have the time to do - such as hiking, going out in the nature more etc. I heard a lot of opinions that we shouldn't be too worried about learning stuff before the TC as we will learn a lot once it starts anyway, so I didn't plan to be doing too much studying

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.