GDL Results

doglover123

Standard Member
Aug 15, 2022
Hi,

I am awaiting my GDL results (deferred) and they won't be out til October. I have plans to start the LPC this September. Do I need to have my GDL results before enroling on the LPC course?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi,

I am awaiting my GDL results (deferred) and they won't be out til October. I have plans to start the LPC this September. Do I need to have my GDL results before enroling on the LPC course?
Yes, usually you would need your results before you could go on to study the course. There could be LPC courses starting in January 2023 instead?

Reactions: doglover123

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hi,

Hi, I experienced this whilst at the Uni of Law. Because it was the same uni, they give you a 6 week waiver so that you can start the course without yet having the results. Obviously if you are going to a different uni for your LPC than for your GDL this probably won't be the case!

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2021
It would also be worth checking what requirements they have for being provided evidence of your results, i.e. a transcript. At BPP it was four weeks from results to receiving the transcript

Reactions: doglover123

doglover123

Standard Member
Aug 15, 2022
Hi, I experienced this whilst at the Uni of Law. Because it was the same uni, they give you a 6 week waiver so that you can start the course without yet having the results. Obviously if you are going to a different uni for your LPC than for your GDL this probably won't be the case!
Yes, BPP got back to me and said that I am able to start the LPC with a Highly Likely to Complete letter showing that I'll pass the GDL. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: legalgemma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.