GDL

JL

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on the best time to apply for a GDL course this coming September. I was initially warned not to apply too soon. Does anyone have any advice? My funding options are as yet unclear, which will potentially affect my preferred location.

Thanks!

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Where are you looking to apply?

If the mainstream places and not a niche location, as long as you have money lined up/can pay the deposit, and it’s not the day or two before the start of the course you’ll get a place on the GDL. Other may disagree, but it’s not very competitive compared to say getting into uni.
If you’ll be funded by a firm, by virtue of having the firm support you’ll be given a place based on their allotted spaces.

Probably worth firing of an email to enquire about the latest directly with the relevant institutions, in terms of their cut off. So that you’re not committing to self funding or unnecessary admin to reverse the decision.

But ultimately you probably want to leave it as late as possible to give yourself time to see if you get a TC. Perhaps mid August as long as that’s okay with BPP/uni of law/etc

• 🏆
Reactions: JL

JL

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Either BPP or UOL. I have a few vac schemes coming up so it depends on the outcome of them. I've sent them over an e-mail so will see what comes back. Thanks for your advice!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.