• Applications for Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes are now open! Apply now.

Government Legal Department Trainee Scheme AC

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
does anyone know how many people pass the assessment centre compared to how many positions there are?
No one will know this apart from the recruitment team. Technically everyone could pass, but they would just offer the strongest people for the number of vacancies they have.

Reactions: matilda125

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Hi all,

I am patiently waiting to hear back from GLD today and was wondering if anyone had information regarding moving from Public Sector to Private Sector upon qualification? I know of many people having done the opposite but just wanted to check from public to private.

Many thanks and good luck :D

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

I am patiently waiting to hear back from GLD today and was wondering if anyone had information regarding moving from Public Sector to Private Sector upon qualification? I know of many people having done the opposite but just wanted to check from public to private.

Many thanks and good luck :D
    It is far less likely and probably only likely to happen with firms that have a very strong focus on public sector clients.

Reactions: MLF

CJCH

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2020