Grade Under Appeal + mitigating circumstances: what to write on apps?

Giulia

Dec 4, 2019
Hi guys!
Happy to be on board :)

One of my grades (55.5%) is currently under appeal and the Law Department at my uni is unlikely to share the result with me before the applications' deadlines come up.

Would you suggest me to:
1. Write down the grade and then note in the relevant box that the grade is currently under appeal? If so, would you also mention why I appealed?
2. Write down something like "pending" and then explain in the relevant box?

Similarly, I have mitigating circumstances which apply to exams I have taken in my first year as well as in my second year but they are very different in nature. How would you advise me to proceed when explaining them in the relevant box in terms of length, importance, detail etc.?

Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it!!
Giulia

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Giulia,

I would suggest copying and pasting this question to @Jessica Booker on the ‘ask a graduate recruiter anything’ thread. She’s an experienced recruiter and will definitely provide you with a great answer.

Best,
Zhang

Reactions: Giulia

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.